2 pc uniforms - What coaches need to know - BE CAREFUL!

samaj

Coaches-

I have already had a couple of coaches contact me today about looking at purchasing new sets of the compression shirt and loose fit short uniforms that were just recently approved.

I wanted to get word out to everyone to be careful when you are buying these.  Yes, I want you to purchase them from EI Sports and Apparel if your in the market for them, BUT I am also a informing everyone, as a wrestling coach, AND a uniform supplier that the "cart is before the horse" on this right now.

There are MANY uniform supplier options out there to choose from, but the newly voted in 2 pc uniform option is still being developed by the manufacturers.  If anybody approaches you about selling you 2 pc uniforms this early in the game, they very well could be selling you something that will be illegal.  The reason is that the NFHS sent out TODAY, to a select few manufacturers, the "specifications" that these uniforms must meet to be considered legal.  Things like inseam length etc etc, have very specific guidelines that must be met to be legal.  I have been in touch with 4 major manufacturers this morning and all of them are STILL WORKING on the final products because they had already met with the NFHS (in a small meeting a couple weekends ago in Indianapolis), and they were waiting for the specifications that they got today.

So basically, be careful.  If the manufacturer is not privy to the specifications that must be met, they have no clue what they are doing right now, and they very well could be pushing an illegal uniform.  I wont say who was supplied with the specifications today, but I will say that many of the manufacturers that many of you use are not "in the know" as of this moment.

As far as EI Sports, we are working very closely with 4 manufacturers on this project.  We have confirmed that all 4 of those companies have the specifications in hand and are working on what they intend to market as quickly as possible.  It is our intention to bring all for options to all of you as quickly as possible and provide everyone with 4 different options that will provide an answer for everyone in the market.  Whether you are interested more in quality, price, or fastest delivery....we will have something to take care of everyone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  I can be contacted at eisports@sigecom.net

Jeff Schaefer

EI Sports and Apparel - Owner

Asst Coach - Evansville Memorial HS

Faulkens: compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling shall have a minimum 4-inch inseam that shall not extend below the knee; Shorts designed for wrestling shall have an elastic waistband and a drawstring that is not exposed.Compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling shall not have exposed drawstrings, belt loops, zippers, snaps, buttons, or pockets.A suitable under garment which completely covers the buttocks and groin area must be worn under shorts designed for wrestling.Shorts designed for wrestling may be worn over the singlet.Compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling may be worn with a form-fitted compression shirt.Compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling shall be school-issued.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been working hard on getting this information ready so that we can put out educated information to our customers.  We are glad to have 3 of our 4 major vendors information ready to publish.  Please review the flyer and let us know if we can be of any help.  For those that interested in Adidas, they are still a couple weeks away from being ready to release info.  Our vendors have made adjustments to not only meet the new standards but also made improvements to ,make sure that what you buy will perform better in the competitive environment that they will be subjected to.  The Brute upgrades are huge....better cloth with more stretch and a lycra crotch insert that will accomodate the stress that they will go through.

2017%20EI%20Sports%20Uniform%20Flyer_zps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.