UWW Junior Trials, Senior Nationals, and Veterans Nationals

Y2CJ41

Lots of Indiana flavor, I'll try to update this as much as possible

Junior and Senior lists are on Flo, Masters on Track

Seniors and Juniors
http://arena.flowrestling.org/event/7574a5d1-a880-4276-a241-ff34f36e737a

Masters formerly Veterans
http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=253954009&TIM=1492697467204

Juniors

55kg Chris Sharp

63kg Nick Lee

66kg Logan Hurley

70kg Joseph Lee
74kg Drew Hughes
74kg Cael McCormmick

74kg Dylan Lydy

74kg Brett Johnson

84kg Charlie Hill

96kg Kobe Woods

120kg Shawn Streck

Seniors
57kg Paul Konrath

61kg Brandon Wright

65kg Zach Davis
70kg Matt Milton

120kg Braden Atwood

55kg Sarah HIldebrandt 
58kg Kayla Miracle

Veterans
B Division 97-130kg Thomas Battista
A Division 69kg Andrew Nicola

Some of these guys have collegiate ties to Indiana - they aren't necessarily native to the state. 

Junior Freestyle

Christopher Sharp - 55 kg

Devin Schroder - 55 kg

Austin Nash - 66 kg

Logan Hurley - 66 kg

Griffin Parriott - 70 kg

Joe Lee - 70 kg

Brett Johnson - 74 kg

Dylan Lydy - 74 kg

Charlie Hill - 84 kg

Christian Brunner - 96 kg

Kobe Woods - 96 kg

Shawn Streck - 120 kg

Senior Freestyle

Paul Konrath - 57 kg

Brandon Wright - 61 kg

Jake Sueflohn - 70 kg

Matt Milton - 70 kg

Paul in the Srs huh? Gonna either really impress me or get smoked not sure where I land....Good luck tho that's ballsy

He got a 1st round bye, but I think he'll see Tomasello in his 1st match. That's gonna be a true test.

Left off Nick Lee at 63 kg in Juniors.

Also, I saw Devon Casebolt and Matt Lee are registered for Cadets. Not sure of other IN kids.

Cadets go like on July right? I hope so... was planning in taking my son. Edited by Mattyb

Cadets go like on July right? I hope so... was planning in taking my son.

No, Cadets are this weekend also.  

This whole thing is confusing to me.  Maybe someone can help.  The US Open Cadets Freestyle, Greco and Folkstyle are all this weekend in Vegas.  

Also, US Open Junior Folkstyle and US Open UWW Junior Freestyle and UWW Junior Greco World Team Trials.

Is it normal to wrestle all 3 styles in one weekend?   What is UWW?  Why is the Greco designated the WTT and not Freestyle?  Why is the Junior Folkstyle now UWW?  

Looks like Nick Lee with the #1 seed....#2 seed is Luke Pletcher of The Ohio State University

I'm not familiar with all of the names, but Lee seems to have gotten a good draw.  Pletcher, Ben Freeman and Kaden Gfeller are all on the opposite side of the bracket.   Who are the biggest challengers on Lee's half?

UWW age groups are different than USA age groups

UWW Cadets are 15-17 years old

UWW Juniors are 18-20 years old with 17 year olds able to wrestle with clearance

USA Cadets are 15-16 years old

USA Juniors 17-19 years old, plus 15-16 if you are in high school

I'm not sure if the US Open Cadets(all styles) and Junior folkstyle are anything more than just a tournament and don't qualify you for anything. The Western Regional event will qualify you for Fargo outside the state allotment.

Paul in the Srs huh? Gonna either really impress me or get smoked not sure where I land....Good luck tho that's ballsy

It may have to do with the weight classes.  I read Roman Bravo-Young is wrestling SR because making 55 is too tough and going up to 60 may be too much.  That may be where he felt like he fit best?

Another note on Cadets...   Devon Casebolt finished 3rd in Greco, losing to the eventual champ in the semifinals.  He is also registered for folkstyle as well as freestyle.  Matt Lee is registered only for Freestyle.  

Casebolt is wrestling 108-118 and Lee at 130-133.  Why the weight ranges?  The only time I remember seeing that is in small tournaments with few participants.

It may have to do with the weight classes.  I read Roman Bravo-Young is wrestling SR because making 55 is too tough and going up to 60 may be too much.  That may be where he felt like he fit best?

Another note on Cadets...   Devon Casebolt finished 3rd in Greco, losing to the eventual champ in the semifinals.  He is also registered for folkstyle as well as freestyle.  Matt Lee is registered only for Freestyle.  

Casebolt is wrestling 108-118 and Lee at 130-133.  Why the weight ranges?  The only time I remember seeing that is in small tournaments with few participants.

57kg in the seniors or 60kg in the juniors, even up 6.6lbs I'd much rather test myself at Juniors. I believe both can wrestle at the UWW Junior Trials as they are previously qualified. Konrath by placing top six at Fargo and RBY by being a cadet world team member.

The US Open for Cadets and below looks like just a "regular" tournament as it doesn't qualify you for anything. 

Matt Lee in the finals of the US Open Cadet.  He finished 3rd in the Western Junior Regional Freestyle this morning.  Casebolt lost in the semifinals of the Open Cadet.

Matt takes 1st with a 10-0 win. Looks like he didn't surrender a point the whole bracket. Impressive

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.