A little Freestyle Recruiting for the South Bend FS/GR

Clint Gard

I don't have a dog in this fight other than taking a few Rochester kids up to South Bend Riley HS this Saturday.  Just want to encourage programs to expose their wrestlers to FS and GR.  Last year they had a little over 115 kids.  I'm sure we can do better in the northern part of the state.

Coach Flatt has not asked me to do this...I'm just trying to spread the word and get kids up there to wrestle.  We have been working FS exclusively in our practice room and the kids love it.  Every time we practice, they ask "Are we focusing on Freestyle tonight?"  They look forward to it.

Anyway...I think it's worth it for my kids, my program, and Indiana Wrestling.  Go to ISWA.com and find the flyer under Events.  

Hope to see you there!

Clint

Thanks, Clint.

We have had inquiries from clubs from Portage, RWA, Penn, Rochester, a team from Illinois and some individuals from a freestyle camp I attended in Michigan last weekend.  Give you kids a chance to improve their wrestling skills and have some fun.  Last year we finished between 1-2pm so it didn't last all day.  Trackwrestling will organize the bouts and we will get going ASAP.  Weigh ins are Friday from 6-8pm and Saturday from 7-8am.

Thanks, Clint.

We have had inquiries from clubs from Portage, RWA, Penn, Rochester, a team from Illinois and some individuals from a freestyle camp I attended in Michigan last weekend.  Give you kids a chance to improve their wrestling skills and have some fun.  Last year we finished between 1-2pm so it didn't last all day.  Trackwrestling will organize the bouts and we will get going ASAP.  Weigh ins are Friday from 6-8pm and Saturday from 7-8am.

We came last year and it was a well run tournament!  Got 4 good matches, limited travel time and done early in the day!  I know a few folks are headed to Oh for the TOC.  If you're not, you'd be nuts not to get up to South Bend for this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.