New wrestling facilities at IU

I saw they are adding a new building for wrestling and volleyball. Does anyone know more about it? Hopefully it helps with recruiting. It seems like there are a bunch of schools adding new facilities this year to include Ohio State, Campbell, Maryland.

https://www.wthr.com/article/indiana-university-plans-new-arena-for-volleyball-wrestling

From my understanding it is just a modern replacement for University Gym, that will be used for meets. It will not house a new wrestling practice facility for wrestling, which I believe would have helped more in terms of potential recruits.

From my understanding it is just a modern replacement for University Gym, that will be used for meets. It will not house a new wrestling practice facility for wrestling, which I believe would have helped more in terms of potential recruits.

We were over there in October and the coaching staff said it would be the site of the wrestling practice facilities..

We were over there in October and the coaching staff said it would be the site of the wrestling practice facilities..

Last I was told it was just a practice facility for Volleyball and wrestling would remain at its Assembly Hall location.  Maybe plans have changed, but it would do a little more for the recruiting to have a new all-in-one practice facility that is kinda their own place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.