Heartland Duals

SWINfan

Does anyone have rosters/lineups for the Indiana teams competing at the Heartland Duals this weekend in Iowa?  There are Indiana Blue and Gold teams entered in both the Elementary and Middle School divisions.  

Middle school gold

75 Logan Frazier

80 Elijah Anthony

85 Cole Solomey

90 Alec Freeman

95 Ben Dalton

102 Zeke Seltzer

110 Cole Ross

117 Blake Boarman

125 Bryer Hall

132 Scott Fitts

140 Griffin Ison

150 Evan Bates

160 Dylan Case

175 Garrett Sandefur

195 Brayden Erb

220 Reeve Muncie

275 Nick Morgan

Alt Jacob Bechert

Edited by Mattyb

I posted a summary in the Youth thread.  Hope I got it all right!  Would love to read your thoughts.

Look at you guys getting along......warms my heart !!!!

I am waiting on the coaches to get me their teams final records to post all kids and their records for the wknd.

Thank you to Jason, Chris, and the rest of the ISWA. The trip was a blast. The organization was excellent. Once again, all of the wrestlers made it to the Omaha area on time. All gear was handed out, and once again the Indiana teams were first on the scales. Our hotel was within walking distance to the arena. The coaches took the kids to weigh in while the parents were able to unwind and relax (much needed after long drives).

As far as my team (middle school gold). We had a ton of fun. All of the kids were very respectful and well behaved. All were great teammates and supported the other kids.  It was very evident during our last match of the day. One of our guys got crossed faced hard, and was accused of a bite. We gave up 6 for the match and lost 3 points for the penalty. Our boys rallied. While the Missouri team paid little attention and were playing on phones, our kids were laser focused and helped each other rally to bring home the bronze medal. That was just one of the reasons, that this team was so successful over the weekend.

A few things stuck out to me:

I believe that I team was led by a very more mature and focused Ben Dalton. This kid was the heart and soul of our team. That sweet mullet hardly never touched the mat.

The EMD kids were fun and were hammers. Fitts is a great wrestler and even a better kid. This kid is a great listener and will do whatever it takes for his team (future team captain). Ross and Boarman are strong as can be. These kids are high school ready. Freeman is just a great kid. Very smart wrestler who wins each position. Look to see all of these guys at the bank very soon. The EMD kids were our hammers. By all accounts they had fun at Bass Pro Shop too!

Logan Frazier is a kid that I have coached over the years. He was our pace setter, as we started at the lowest weight in every dual. He is also a fun kid.

Eli Anthony and Cole Solomey and a couple of younger guys that stepped in and did a great job. These are kids that should make the trip again next year.

Zeke Seltzer is a kid that I have seen around for years. He is typical coaches son. He has a great skill set and a solid tank. Look for big things from this future Cathedral stud.

Bryer Hall was by far our most exciting wrestler. He has a tank that was unmatched by anyone at this tournament. If he was up he punished kids. If he was down he punished kids. Watch for this kid to nearside cradle his way to the bank soon.

Griffin Ison asked more questions than all of the kids on our team combined. His dad and I have been friends since high school. Fun kid that took some lumps. Look for him to get stronger and do great this for the Brownburg team. He is in great hands.

Prior to this weekend, I had never saw Evan Bates wrestle. He is steady as can be. Keeps his cool and just handles his business. Since our 160 was injured, I asked him to watch the other team and tell me if he felt like he wanted to bump. Each time he told me what he was going to do and did it. Cool dude here.

Dylan Case bumped heads and had to call it a short tourney. He was doing great up until the injury. He did try to give it a go on day two, but the trainers shut him down. Tough kid.

Garrett Sandefur is a tough kid. He was winning a match in the semis and ended up getting caught. In the next match (for third place) he had a kid with man muscles. Garrett tossed the kid on his back and stuck him! He pretty much iced the dual for us. The Cavemen have a good one here.

Brayden Erb was another kid that I have never seen. He is a man child that is raw as can be. This guy just man handled kids. He is a kid that has a very high ceiling.

Reeve Muncie is big! This kid has a great frame, and is all business. Not sure that he has ever smiled. He is crazy intense. Carroll has a good one coming in (if that one coach don't mess it up).

Last but not least was our big guy... Nick Morgan. Nick is another raw big fellow. Nick took some lumps. As soon as this guy gets into a high school weight room, he could be scary.

Big props to our young coach Brendon Kelly. Most of you know that he was a state champ, and is currently wrestling at the University of Indianapolis. For a 21 year old dude, he had a lot of good things to share with the kids. He did a great job coaches matches. As a college kid, he could have worked his job this past weekend and made some much needed cash. Instead... he chose to came on this trip. Great to see a young guy giving back to our sport. Please support Coach Kelly and his future efforts.

All in all a great weekend. There were 5 pools and we were seed 2nd in our pool. To finish in third was a great accomplishment.

On a personal note I have coaches the ISWA teams to a 3rd place finish at the Kingsport Elementary duals, a 3rd place finish at the Heartland Elementary duals, and now a 3rd place finish at the Heartland Middle school duals. I have seen it.... we are right there!!! I think (with the help of academies) that we are gaining the depth we need to develop the talent to win a national title. I was at Hooters..... arrrrrr.... a local eating place during the tournament. I overheard a bunch of Iowa guys discussing how tough Indiana has become. As a state, our talent level is on the rise. I would like to see all of the politics take a back seat next year. I would love to go out there and bring home the gold next year. The future is bright folks!

Brewer

Edited by Mattyb

did anyone else notice that "swinfan" liked mattyb post and in the other thread said he would love to hear his thoughts ????

#TheCounty is #BridgingGaps & #BringingPeopleTogether

did anyone else notice that "swinfan" liked mattyb post and in the other thread said he would love to hear his thoughts ????

#TheCounty is #BridgingGaps & #BringingPeopleTogether

Is there bad blood that SWINfan doesn't know about?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.