Nick Lee

Alduflux

Here's an example where a top recruit is not staying @ Penn State so he can be a starter elsewhere:

Nevills was regarded as the No. 47 overall senior recruit in the country coming out of high school by Flo Wrestling in 2016. He signed with Penn State, joining older brother Nick Nevills with the Nittany Lions, who have won six of the past seven NCAA Division I team titles.

As a grayshirt, AJ Nevills never enrolled at Penn State, but did train with the Nittany Lions Wrestling Club under coach Cael Sanderson. Nevills will enter Fresno State as a freshman with a redshirt year available.

“I can’t put into words the lessons and values the coaches at Penn State have taught me,” Nevills said.

Nevills competed at 220 pounds at Clovis as a senior, when he beat Poway’s Chris Bailey for the state title. He has since moved up in weight, where he would have had to compete against brother Nick, a sophomore who became a first-time All-American with a fifth-place finish at 285 pounds during the NCAA Division I Championships last weekend.

“I’d rather wrestle against him than have to wrestle him for a spot in the lineup,” AJ Nevills said. “That was a main reason (for leaving Penn State.) And I really do believe in the (Fresno State) coaches.”

Here is a link to the whole article if you're interested: http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/article139998718.html

Here's an example where a top recruit is not staying @ Penn State so he can be a starter elsewhere:

Nevills was regarded as the No. 47 overall senior recruit in the country coming out of high school by Flo Wrestling in 2016. He signed with Penn State, joining older brother Nick Nevills with the Nittany Lions, who have won six of the past seven NCAA Division I team titles.

As a grayshirt, AJ Nevills never enrolled at Penn State, but did train with the Nittany Lions Wrestling Club under coach Cael Sanderson. Nevills will enter Fresno State as a freshman with a redshirt year available.

“I can’t put into words the lessons and values the coaches at Penn State have taught me,” Nevills said.

Nevills competed at 220 pounds at Clovis as a senior, when he beat Poway’s Chris Bailey for the state title. He has since moved up in weight, where he would have had to compete against brother Nick, a sophomore who became a first-time All-American with a fifth-place finish at 285 pounds during the NCAA Division I Championships last weekend.

“I’d rather wrestle against him than have to wrestle him for a spot in the lineup,” AJ Nevills said. “That was a main reason (for leaving Penn State.) And I really do believe in the (Fresno State) coaches.”

Here is a link to the whole article if you're interested: http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/article139998718.html

There is a 3rd Nevills (Seth) who the Flo #2 285 lber that Penn St is recruiting hard.  

Seems like Joe Lee could fit in at 157 following Nolf or 165 in a couple of years if Joseph and Hall move up.  Keep in mind Penn St also likes to redshirt guys in years other than their frosh year (see Retherford and Megaludis).  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.