Question

bluechipper

Austin DeSanto, the Pennsylvania wrestler who handed Spencer Lee his only loss, wrestled for Exeter Township. However, it is worthy of noting, the commentators pointed out that he is a home-schooled student that lives in the township and the PIAA granted him eligibility to wrestle. Is this allowed in Indiana?

From my understanding the student would have to be a student at a participating IHSAA school. So unless the homeschool student is at least taking some classes at a member HS it would not currently be allowed. I'm not sure what the actual % of classes has to be though, that maybe a individual school decision.

My kids were home-schooled in Elementary and Middle School.  During Middle School they took only band class at the local Middle School and they were allowed to participate in sports.  They also took the ISTEP.  However, I do not know if the same rules apply in High School.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.