Iswa State and Jim's wrestling supply

Sydokun

Any idea why jims was not there this year. Really missed having them. 3x was ok but seemed pricey and did not have as much to offer.

Example:No mouthpiece for braces and if you did by a normal mouthpiece it was 20 bucks vs jims with case like maybe 10.

Really not trying to complain just curious and not use to not seeing Bill.

I believe he was asked not to attend due to recruiting "Gold and Blue" team wrestlers.

Jim's is a wrestling store that has sold gear at multiple events all over the state for many years.. Not sure how he would have been involved in Gold or Blue Scholastic Duels if that is what you are referring too. 

I think that was a joke.

The ISWA put the vendor spot up for bid the past couple years. From the success 3X has had at the IHPO they put in an aggressive bid for ISWA state. They also put up for bid the national team gear and from what I have heard they saved a lot of money from the past.

Jim's is a wrestling store that has sold gear at multiple events all over the state for many years.. Not sure how he would have been involved in Gold or Blue Scholastic Duels if that is what you are referring too.

Think V&M was joking, I think the ISWA hired a different vendor. Sad to see Delaware County own Jim's Wrestling Supply not there.

They had very nice stuff. Just would have like to have seen more verity and the mouthpiece thing was big for me. Mainly because my kids have no idea how to keep track of them and i feel like i buy 3 or 4 a tournament. Now one has braces and i had to make a run to go get one since nothing was being offered. No worry's we worked though it but i'm sure i'm not the only parent that had that issue. Plus as i stated Bill has been around for years. Great guy and family was a little sad not to see them but that's business.

As for the Gold Blue thing sore topic. Sorry if you were joking i'm sick today so i'm off my game. 

Thanks for the replies guys.

That's too bad. Jim has done a lot for Indiana wrestling. Not enough loyalty anymore :(

There was extreme loyalty for probably 30+ years when they didn't advertise the bids and Jim's had no competition. From what I heard the national team gear price was cut drastically when they opened it up for bids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.