Wabash

Results before finals:

1. Wartburg, IA Wartburg, IA (GET) WART 10 124.5

2. Augsburg, MN Augsburg, MN (GET) AUGSB 8 79.0

3. Johnson & Wales, RI Johnson & Wales (RI), RI (GET) JWU 5 61.5

4. Wabash, IN Wabash, IN (GET) WAB 7 56.5

5. Messiah, PA Messiah, PA (GET) MESS 6 52.0

6. Loras, IA Loras, IA (GET) LORAS 4 46.5

Didn't realize until this morning that it was the fact that Riley got the pin in the final that moved them into 3rd instead of 4th. Awesome "cherry on top" as Shane Sparks so perfectly put it in the broadcast.

As  you all know Riley is pretty good at wrestling.  But I have to tell you all of something i witnessed after the the event was over that tells more about this MAN!!.  After the event was over and the parents, coaches, & team were all celebrating with the 3rd Place team trophy at a near by restaurant.  I walked back to where I had been sitting with my youngest son Easton (Owen's brother).  As i approach the table, here is Easton (age 10) and Riley in a full conversation.  What other 4X NCAA champ sits with a 10 year old after he just made NCAA Wrestling history and talks about how Easton has been doing in his matches and asking how proud he was of his older brother being an All-American?  This man is truly one of a kind not only on the mat but in his everyday life.  Every event that we had went to this year to watch Owen and the Wabash team, Easton was in constant wrestling mode with one of the Lefever boys, wrestling around and fending for his life.  It is a year that Easton or the whole Doster family will never forget.  Wabash wrestling is about academics & team!!  Wabash was the best decision our son made and the state of Indiana has a GEM in Wabash College.  #WAF #onevision

As  you all know Riley is pretty good at wrestling.  But I have to tell you all of something i witnessed after the the event was over that tells more about this MAN!!.  After the event was over and the parents, coaches, & team were all celebrating with the 3rd Place team trophy at a near by restaurant.  I walked back to where I had been sitting with my youngest son Easton (Owen's brother).  As i approach the table, here is Easton (age 10) and Riley in a full conversation.  What other 4X NCAA champ sits with a 10 year old after he just made NCAA Wrestling history and talks about how Easton has been doing in his matches and asking how proud he was of his older brother being an All-American?  This man is truly one of a kind not only on the mat but in his everyday life.  Every event that we had went to this year to watch Owen and the Wabash team, Easton was in constant wrestling mode with one of the Lefever boys, wrestling around and fending for his life.  It is a year that Easton or the whole Doster family will never forget.  Wabash wrestling is about academics & team!!  Wabash was the best decision our son made and the state of Indiana has a GEM in Wabash College.  #WAF #onevision

When I heard last year that Owen was going to Wabash, I thought it was a great fit. I had a feeling he would excel in their room. Congrats on the All-American finish. That is an unbelievable feat for a freshman. 

Edited by SpartanGrappling

To take it a step further, for those that don't know, in addition to building a VERY successful program, Wabash also runs an amazing camp every year bringing in some of the best clinicians in the country to work with wrestlers.  Look it up if you haven't and see what a tiny men's college in the middle of Indiana has to offer...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.