Tom Clark

Fabio Jr.

For those who don't know we lost an Icon todaY. Official and Wrestlong fan Tom Clark passed away. I don't have many details But I just want to say how much Tom means to me as a coach wrestler and friend. He always gave me crap for being a short nobody. But he was always the first one to answer any interpretation questions I have. He was always there to put a smile on my face and when he was with his son you know he was with his bestn friend in the world. Tom I know your up there looking down and going to see a hell of a folkstyle state and NCAA tournament. I plan on giving out a lot of hugs tomorrow to the guys in stripes.

I know we have been having some petty issues recently but I want you all to know that I love each and everyone of you. Remember to hug your loved ones tonight because you never know what tomorrow brings.

Tom I miss you already. I know I'll miss your letters to Urban Meyer during football season. But I know you will have the beat seats in the shoe.

Love you man

Great man. Loved to just sit and listen to him speak. He told some of the best stories that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. Words can't explain how awesome of a person he was. Thoughts and prayers to Hayden and his family. Gone too soon!

Edited by Mattyb

Wow, just woke up in Europe to this news and I knew it as soon as I saw Nick's topic heading. A sad day indeed. Amazing guy that was always willing to give his time and attention to anyone wanting to learn about officiating or the sport of wrestling in general. He was of course an incredible official and constant student of the intricacies of officiating folkstyle, freestyle, and greco well--but he was also such a fan of the sport, always anxious to break down the big match or reminisce about his favorite athletes to watch. But first and foremost, I'll remember his care for people and genuine desire to connect with them. "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." Definitely joining in spirit with his family and for anyone who knew him well today. Peace.

There are so many words to describe Tom, he was a friend to everyone and is the type of person that makes this sport so great. Just reading Facebook tonight with many, many friends posting messages and stories about him tells you the reach he had. He made an impact on so many of us and will be dearly missed. The stories and his impact on this sport not only in Indiana, but throughout the world will last for eternity. We lost a great one today, but he will be looking down on us and I'm sure he'll keep us all in line in his own personal way.

Oh my. I just had a long conversation with him in between sessions during Big10s last weekend. He got a chuckle out of the fact he got to relax in the other side of the whistle for once. He was always a great guy to talk to, asking about how my schools program was going, sharing stories about his own travels, and genuinely wanting to know about how things were going with life. I'm not sure there is another ref I looked forward to speaking with during HS or USA competitions more than Tom. He will really be missed.

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.