Rank PM 1-5, or 10 if you know PM

bluechipper

I saw Jayruss's post about MD, and thought it was fairly interesting to see what people thought of Perry Meridian's best of all-time.

1. Nate Moore, 2x Champ, Fargo Champ

2. Chico Adams, 2x Champ, 112-0 in last two seasons, started as a freshman

3. Cody LeCount, 2x Champ, 184-2 record, one was a 1-0 loss to 3x Champ Ayersman in state championship match, other was ticket round frosh year, Fargo Runner-Up to Aaron Pico

4. Jared McKinley, 2x Champ, 200+ career victories, 2x Fargo All-American (5th-6th), Preseason Nat'l Champ 2011

5. Nick Walpole, 1x Champ, 2x 3rd, loss 2-0 in OT to Andrew Howe in 2006

6. Jacob Tonte, see below

7. Frank Hammond, 1x Champ, 1x Runner-Up

8. Brandon James, 4x All-State (3rd-5th-2nd-3rd), Super 32 All-American, 2x Fargo All-American (7th-8th), Preseason Nat'l Champ 2011

9. Donte Winfield, 1x Champ, Fargo Runner-Up to Adam Coon (1-0, 1-0)

10. Kirk Johnson, 3x All-State (4th-4th-3rd), Fargo All-American defeated 2x NCAA Champ Isaiah Martinez

Edited by bluechipper

Eric Aue was Nails too..kind of fun fact Terrell Coatie who graduated from NC transferred to NC from Perry when his dad moved out of state for work and he came here to live with family..He was a Unreal athlete who didn't start wrestling til his freshman yr...He would've placed twice if he wouldve been released his jr year but only could wrestle team events late in season...His senior yr his pinned state champion Danny Williams and beat Runner Up Conkling of Mater Dei @team state as well..he placed 7th losing to Bellmonts Tim Ortiz in a crazy match..Terrell was a 3 sport All-State athlete and ran sub 4:30 mile..he would hit the sickest standing granbys ever and make good wrestlers look silly with his speed...he lost in ticket round iirc his first 2 yrs ever wrestling I do believe..

1- Cody Lecount

2- Nate Moore

3- Walpole

4- Mckinley

5- Chico

6-  Brandon James

7- Big Frank

8- Donte

9- Aue :)

10- Kirk Johnson

Some more names for the mix.....

Jason Level

Travis Banks

Kevin Clem

John Urich

Craig and Jake Massengale

Brett Johnson

Jacob Cottey

I think Noah Warren may already be on the list and hes still got another year

1- Cody Lecount

2- Nate Moore

3- Walpole

4- Mckinley

5- Chico

6-  Brandon James

7- Big Frank

8- Donte

10- Kirk Johnson

Jason Level

Travis Banks

Kevin Clem

John Urich

Brett Johnson

Jacob Cottey

Jaggers vs Level @ nc SS in 03'was dope..both shot blast doubles@ same time and luckily matt got the better of it..Jason was LIGHTENING FAST

I saw Jayruss's post about MD, and thought it was fairly interesting to see what people thought of Perry Meridian's best of all-time.

3. Cody LeCount, 2x Champ, 184-2 record, one was a 1-0 loss to 3x Champ Ayersman in state championship match, other was ticket round frosh year, Fargo Runner-Up to Aaron Pico

4. Jared McKinley, 2x Champ, 200+ career victories, 2x Fargo All-American (5th-6th), Preseason Nat'l Champ 2011

8. Brandon James, 4x All-State (3rd-5th-2nd-3rd), Super 32 All-American, 2x Fargo All-American (7th-8th), Preseason Nat'l Champ 2011

10. Kirk Johnson, 3x All-State (4th-4th-3rd), Fargo All-American defeated 2x NCAA Champ Isaiah Martinez

McKinley with the sick headlock

I absolutely had to revise this list. If you saw the original post, Jacob Tonte was ranked #7, then #10, but after some more information, he's definitely a top six kid from Perry Meridian. Placed as a Frosh. Ranked third in state as soph. Placed as a junior and ranked #3 and 40-0 as a senior. Beat Kyle dake. Beat Mango. Beat Clark glass. 18-0 with 18 falls at schoolboy duals. Three time MS state champ. Incredible.

1- Cody Lecount

2- Nate Moore

3- Walpole

4- Mckinley

5- Chico

6- Brandon James

7- Big Frank

8- Donte

10- Kirk Johnson

Jason Level

Travis Banks

Kevin Clem

John Urich

Brett Johnson

Jacob Cottey

I'd throw in Logan Cooper, Shaun Richardson, Brian Vest, Nick Bova, and Cornelious Elliott.

Totally forgot about adding coach Richardson. He is on the top ten for sure.

No disrespect, but I don't think he is near the top 15, let alone top 10.  Perry has had a lot of success and several wrestlers with much more success at the state level.  Great wrestler and runner-up, but the program has just produced quite a bit of talent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.