Team State returns

So, from my understanding, Team State was sectional championship team advanced to team regionals. If we were to bring the IHSAA Team State back as a classed tournament, how would teams qualify per class if the sectional was the original decision maker? Most states I've seen have a team sectional. Would this be the route Indiana would need to go? How would this play into matches in a season?

So, from my understanding, Team State was sectional championship team advanced to team regionals. If we were to bring the IHSAA Team State back as a classed tournament, how would teams qualify per class if the sectional was the original decision maker? Most states I've seen have a team sectional. Would this be the route Indiana would need to go? How would this play into matches in a season?

It used to be the top two teams from Sectional advanced to the Team Regional

You had team dual regionals during the week and individual regionals that saturday...

The way I see it you have two options:

1. Have an actual team sectional of some kind.  Although that would mean fitting more meets into the end of the season.

2.  Try to evenly distribute teams from each class into every sectional.  Then take the highest point scoring team from each class, regardless of their overall sectional placement, as the team state class representative.   Although, that may create some travel issues in some area's due to the amount of 1A or even 2A schools in certain parts of the state.

It would not be an issue really as they wouldnt count as weigh in points as its woul;d be an official IHSAA Postseason event. 

They way to do it would be an opt in format if you want to partcicpate you can if not you dont have too. sectionals are drawn based on who all signed up.

it is a similar way Ohio does their dual tournament

Here is a link to Ohio's Team State Rules and regulations: http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/Wrestling/WRteamTourneyRegs.pdf

ENTRY FORMS

(a) A school that can field a team of 7 weight classes or more is eligible to enter the Dual Team Tournament.

See, what's so hard about this concept for the IHSAA? I'd love for a classed tournament to have sectionals like football is currently but seeded. Edited by casualwrestlingfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.