ISWA State Question

Rookies03

From ISWA Folkstyle State Flyer

Weigh-ins
On-site weigh-ins for all PeeWee, Bantam, Intermediate, Cadet, & Junior age divisions will be held from 6:30-9:00pm EST on Friday March 10th.
On-site weigh-ins for all Novice, SB/SG, Univ, Senior, Veteran, & Women’s age divisions will be held from6:30-9:00pm EST on Saturday March 11th.
Upon arrival, wrestlers will proceed directly to skin checks and weigh-ins. All wrestlers must weigh-in wearing a competition singlet. ISWA does not charge for adjusting weight classes after you register. You are free to adjust your weight class at any time, even at weigh-ins.

How about when the iswa doesn't fix their mistakes like entering a kid weighing 81 lbs as 87 so he has to bump up to 90..ridiculous..our boy even went back on the scale for them to see and they wouldn't change it. He got 4 th at the bumped up weight but got muscled his last couple rounds. It just makes no sense to me.

How about when the iswa doesn't fix their mistakes like entering a kid weighing 81 lbs as 87 so he has to bump up to 90..ridiculous..our boy even went back on the scale for them to see and they wouldn't change it. He got 4 th at the bumped up weight but got muscled his last couple rounds. It just makes no sense to me.

I was wondering about that! The kid was tough as nails, but really small. I can attest that he was not 87. He gave the 90 pound champ a great match. Man.... sorry to hear about this one. He is a good wrestler. Edited by Mattyb

Sorry to hear about this.  If something like this would happen again, try going to the head table.  Those are usually the people that can deal with something like that.  Your son must be really good to compete so well while going up a weight.

He's not my son..just an awesome kid in our club..he didn't complain went about his business. I just was really puzzled..one of our other coaches handled it an he said they were not having it. Just seems like there would be a better way to make sure everyone is where they need to be when it is brought to there attention.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.