Scholastic Duals

base

BREAKING NEWS ! .......

#TheCountyTMZ is reporting #800lbsGorilla is teaming up with Michigan and will now be called The Spider Monkeys for the Scholastic Duals . On a side note , they are calling everyone from Indiana Teams they Dual against "Chip" . Why ?

We don't know other than Gorillas are related to Spider Monkeys . Hmmmmm go figure.

#freethe800lbsGorilla

This is an Indiana event...you'd think there would be some pride attached to team membership.  We should have at least one team that is the best we can field.  After that, the more the merrier.  Who cares how cool the gear is....swag doesn't win state state titles in a single class state, the best off-season competition might.

I agree that the best Indiana wrestlers should wrestle gold. I think most agree on this. But 2 teams and I don't feel the ihswca really cares who are the "best" wrestlers just the highest placers. The gorillas create a fun atmosphere with Joe and nick(I know it's hard to believe) the gorilla gear has become a calling card. I think a lot of people forgot many wrestlers leave the gorillas and wrestle gold. I take great pride in knowing we always find the best talent before they break out. Now the problem is former members want to return and not wrestle gold. So what is the real problem?

If it's all about growing the sport, helping the kids, and getting "cool" gear, then why not sponsor the teams with Gorilla gear? Perhaps there's some ego and financial gain that are motivating factors as well? Also, in a free market economy like the US has, there are rules that "outsiders" or those who import must follow, which typically level the playing field for those who build American. If the companies don't like the tariffs and extra taxes they must pay, they are free to not participate in our free market economy, and no amount of bellyaching changes the rules in their favor.  Those with the power make the rules. Just food for thought. 

If it's all about growing the sport, helping the kids, and getting "cool" gear, then why not sponsor the teams with Gorilla gear? Perhaps there's some ego and financial gain that are motivating factors as well? Also, in a free market economy like the US has, there are rules that "outsiders" or those who import must follow, which typically level the playing field for those who build American. If the companies don't like the tariffs and extra taxes they must pay, they are free to not participate in our free market economy, and no amount of bellyaching changes the rules in their favor.  Those with the power make the rules. Just food for thought. 

There has NEVER been a monetary gain for the Gorillas. They get $150+ worth of gear alone.

Singlet- $50

Fight Shorts- $40

Sweats- $25

Sweatshirt- $25

Tshirt- $10

Sublimated Socks- $20

Gear bag- $40

Entry fee- $40

Hotel $50-$100

Do the math and you'll figure out that this is a way of GIVING BACK to the kids instead of taking away from them.

If it's all about growing the sport, helping the kids, and getting "cool" gear, then why not sponsor the teams with Gorilla gear? Perhaps there's some ego and financial gain that are motivating factors as well? Also, in a free market economy like the US has, there are rules that "outsiders" or those who import must follow, which typically level the playing field for those who build American. If the companies don't like the tariffs and extra taxes they must pay, they are free to not participate in our free market economy, and no amount of bellyaching changes the rules in their favor. Those with the power make the rules. Just food for thought.

Again show me the rules the gorillas broke? You had all of the ihsaa rules for the Morans. We followed the tourney rules it. Your acting as if this site makes a ton of money. It does not. you are acting as if indianamat and the ihswca is feuding then why do we promote the team state so much and do a show for the draws. Our relationship with the ihswca is solid