Scholastic Duals

base

It is always a risky thing on here test questions you can even get your head bit off or help but here goes without me having to read back through everything I just scrolled to this and saw negative reviews would like to know what's going on my son was just asked to be on 18 for this event

Why can't the Gorillas bring a team that doesn't pick kids off the Gold team?  

2 things.......

1st....................and this hurts to say, but good post Mario !!!

2nd thing..........the Gorillas would not bring a team that didn't include kids that would have qualified for the gold team and they took just because they wanted to wrestle for Gorillas team due to cheaper cost or perceived better gear

I would say it will get childish as opposed to getting ugly.

Joe, were you told you simply can't bring a team?  Or were you told that you could bring a team as long as you didn't pull potential wrestlers from the Indiana Gold team?

I was told my team was not allowed. I was offered a "coaching" stint with the IHSWCA team, but declined. 

Some of the reasons include not using the "approved" hotels, don't recognize it is an IHSWCA event(which it's not according to Skinner), and because I can't tell kids no that want to be on the team and i need to force them to be with the other teams. 

Y2, you constantly talk about growing the sport and doing what's best for the sport, yet your actions show the exact opposite. You don't get what you want, so you'll go home and take your ball with you, but along the way you'll make kids pay for other adults not doing what you want? For all the good you do for the sport of wrestling you do equal amount of bad by alienating people with your juvenile behavior. I also love how you point out the person in the hall of fame only had 3 qualifiers in his career, way to take the high road on that one.

I'm not taking my ball and going home, the Gorillas got kicked out and told to stay home.

They got kicked out for offering the same exact product for cheaper and provided a better experience. I'm sorry for doing that and will try to make the kids' experience less fun and enjoyable in the future.

Why can't the Gorillas bring a team that doesn't pick kids off the Gold team?  

For the record I don't recruit kids going on the Gold team, the kids come up to ME and tell me they would rather be on my team. Most of them are ones I picked up when they were not selected beforehand. I picked up Brayton Lee when he was a semi-state qualifier, Brayden Curtis when he was a mere 7th place finisher, etc. I also work backroom deals such as a group of kids came to me last year saying they'd wrestle if I let their red haired friend on the team...so I did.

I hope you all are used to my post by now voice to text no punctuation words not making sense LOL but I went a head back and read now I'm a little confused because he was asked by a Renegades they contacted his high school coach so I have no idea really what's going on if there's only two Indiana teens gold and blue is this Renegades team out

I hope you all are used to my post by now voice to text no punctuation words not making sense LOL but I went a head back and read now I'm a little confused because he was asked by a Renegades they contacted his high school coach so I have no idea really what's going on if there's only two Indiana teens gold and blue is this Renegades team out

I was told my team was not allowed. I was offered a "coaching" stint with the IHSWCA team, but declined. 

Some of the reasons include not using the "approved" hotels, don't recognize it is an IHSWCA event(which it's not according to Skinner), and because I can't tell kids no that want to be on the team and i need to force them to be with the other teams. 

I'm not taking my ball and going home, the Gorillas got kicked out and told to stay home.

They got kicked out for offering the same exact product for cheaper and provided a better experience. I'm sorry for doing that and will try to make the kids' experience less fun and enjoyable in the future.

For the record I don't recruit kids going on the Gold team, the kids come up to ME and tell me they would rather be on my team. Most of them are ones I picked up when they were not selected beforehand. I picked up Brayton Lee when he was a semi-state qualifier, Brayden Curtis when he was a mere 7th place finisher, etc. I also work backroom deals such as a group of kids came to me last year saying they'd wrestle if I let their red haired friend on the team...so I did.

Y2,

1. From my perspective, the offer of a coaching position looks like an extending of an olive branch? Obviously you see it different. 
  2. You don't have to recruit kids to your team.  When "Mr. IndianaMat" consistently bashes the other teams/organizers the damage is done. 

So it sounds like you are not allowed to bring a team because you were asked not to take potential Gold team members and use them to fill your team. You chose to ignore the stipulations given to you. I guess I don't see any issue in them saying you no longer are allowed to bring a team.

Y2, you constantly talk about growing the sport and doing what's best for the sport, yet your actions show the exact opposite. You don't get what you want, so you'll go home and take your ball with you, but along the way you'll make kids pay for other adults not doing what you want? For all the good you do for the sport of wrestling you do equal amount of bad by alienating people with your juvenile behavior. I also love how you point out the person in the hall of fame only had 3 qualifiers in his career, way to take the high road on that one.

Brother, I don't know you. Nor can I speak on any other circumstances that you may be referring to regarding "Y2". However, in fairness I feel led to share something. He gave my son Silas (14yr old fresh) the 170lb spot on the Gorillas. Silas took his 1st loss of the season in the ticket round this year. Obviously, there is a plethora of wrestlers that could've been selected who placed higher in the State series. What happens as a parent is that a level of gratitude occurs (not being sarcastic). Yes, "Y2" realizes Silas can compete with anyone, but the bottom line is........this selection in no way takes away from the Team IN squad. Individuals who are stand up, remember these type of gestures and feel good about reciprocating the loyalty. Standing in my son & I's shoes......Not allowing the Gorillas to wrestle seems more like the detriment. I realize I'm only speaking from one perspective, but it's unfair to accuse an individual of certain types of behavior without having a well rounded view of how it affects everyone. The other upside is cost. This is important to a parent like myself. Silas travels all over the US wrestling and it gets ridiculously expensive as I'm confident you're aware. He's been a part of Team IN as well. We had great experiences with those guys. However, even with sponsorships we've been blessed with.....the opportunity to roll with an awesome squad, against top tier competition and at a modest charge is a breath of fresh air for a parent. Those things have to be taken into consideration.

It looks like there is limit of Five teams this year from any One State.    So how do they chose who to kick out?    

"Premier National Folkstyle Duals Championship grades 9,10,11 (Competition limited to 24 teams,Maximum 5 per state) (Guaranteed seven matches minimum)"

Edited by V and M's Dad

You're a smart guy from everything I've read of yours, today was probably a low point in my opinion of you, but I digress, your anger toward NWCA is self serving in my opinion. Do I think you care about kids, yeah I 100% believe that, but do you have a monetary motivation as well, yes, you do. It's almost a conflict of interest to be honest, you have a for profit website and product you are trying to promote and want to put the best team together to represent your brand, in the process, you undermine state sanctioning bodies by taking the best athletes by offering a lower price and "better gear", all of which you're able to do off of the backs of the wrestling community that supports your website. Why not support the sanctioning bodies and work with them, and in this case allow them to put the best team possible together. Heck, a good businessman might offer to get the gear at a good price for the team and give a donation, as long as it has your logo on the back.  Doing this helps the kids, allows the best team to represent our state, and you pump your product, everyone wins.  There's no doubt in my mind your website has been good for our state and sport, but if your goal is truly to help the sport grow, I'm not sure you're going about it the right way at this point in time. 

Y2,

1. From my perspective, the offer of a coaching position looks like an extending of an olive branch? Obviously you see it different. 
  2. You don't have to recruit kids to your team.  When "Mr. IndianaMat" consistently bashes the other teams/organizers the damage is done. 

1. I'd rather not take vacation time and time away from family to coach with people that do not respect me. Just not worth it in my mind.

2. You're right I don't have to recruit the kids, they come to me because of past experiences that were great. 

So it sounds like you are not allowed to bring a team because you were asked not to take potential Gold team members and use them to fill your team. You chose to ignore the stipulations given to you. I guess I don't see any issue in them saying you no longer are allowed to bring a team.

I know of two state champs that are Gorillas or won't go, amongst a few other top kids. The kids were told if they even try to wrestle for the Gorillas they would be BANNED from the tournament.

It looks like there is limit of Five teams this year from any One State.    So how do they chose who to kick out?    

"Premier National Folkstyle Duals Championship grades 9,10,11 (Competition limited to 24 teams,Maximum 5 per state) (Guaranteed seven matches minimum)"

It's not a national event, calling yourself a national champion without teams from states like Minnesota, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, etc is a little self serving.

Of last years gorilla team how many should have Been on the blue and gold super team?

Maybe just a couple of the BBurg kids? Not sure. I remember asking why they were on the gorillas instead of the gold team. Nick said he told them to be on the gorillas because he wanted all his kids on the same team he was coaching (which I get).

However, I still think the best kids should be reserved for one team.

Maybe just a couple of the BBurg kids? Not sure. I remember asking why they were on the gorillas instead of the gold team. Nick said he told them to be on the gorillas because he wanted all his kids on the same team he was coaching (which I get).

The ihswca hand packets out in the floor at state they always have first crack. So now if the brownsburg kids don't wrestle is that indianamat s fault?

Here are the issues

1. Strong arming kids into being on a certain team

2. There has to be a reason why the kids would rather be a Gorilla knowing full well they may not be as good as the Gold team. Why is it that they want to be a Gorilla over IHSWCA? Is it price, is it gear, is it my awesome personality?

I don't mind the best being on one team, I don't go after kids that haven't been a previous Gorilla. 

I think there is some implication that kids on the Gold/Blue teams aren't having a good experience. My son's experience on the blue team last year was a good one, now he couldn't compare that to the Gorillas team (not having been on one) but he still had a good time. Would we have liked the cost to be down, sure, but it wasn't the bank breaker that Fargo or Cadet/Jr. Duals are.

To be honest it seems like someone is just butt hurt they can't take a team so they are trying to find ways to talk down about a pretty solid tournament that has been going on for years before the gorillas were even in thought. Real classy move to try and ruin people's seasons for next year because you are butt hurt. Way to grow Indiana wrestling.