Team State accept/decline updates: Update 3-20

maligned

Here is an update on teams accepting/declining 2017-18 Team State bids. If your team is on this list and you believe your AD and/or coach have not received an invitation email, please contact Greg Ratliff (gratliff@rbbschools.net).

A=accepted, D=declined (all others invited but haven't committed)

3A:

Penn-A

Castle-A

Columbus East-A

Brownsburg-A

Avon-A

Roncalli-A

Mater Dei-A

Carroll-A

Portage-A

Harrison (WL)-A

Cathedral-D

Merrillville-D

2A:

Yorktown-A

Edgewood-A

North Montgomery-A

Wawasee-A

Garrett-A

Indian Creek-A

New Prairie-A

New Haven-A

Bellmont-A

Franklin County-A

(all 10 automatic bids have confirmed their participation)

1A:

Prairie Heights-A

Adams Central-A

Cass-A

Shenandoah-A

Knightstown-A

Eastern (Greentown)-A

North Posey-A

Frankton-A

Milan-A

South Adams-A

Central Noble-A

(11 of 12 teams now solidified here--10 automatic, plus the first vote-in having no one within enough qualifying points to challenge for the spot)

Edited by maligned

Its the AD or administration that made the decision.   I think Coach Maldanado would like to go.

That explains it..this is a big opportunity to wrestle the best and guys you might never see during the year..Merrillville always has some real tough guys..be cool if they can change that in the future

Carroll has yet to receive an invitation....the Huntertown post office must be busy.

Maligned should give you guys a small "a" instead of a Big "A".    So how long do the schools have to accept or decline?    Just seeing when we will have the big vote from the prestigious IHSWCA team state selection committee.  AKA the committee of power.

Maligned should give you guys a small "a" instead of a Big "A".    So how long do the schools have to accept or decline?    Just seeing when we will have the big vote from the prestigious IHSWCA team state selection committee.  AKA the committee of power.

I know a guy dat knows a guy, April 21st

I know a guy dat knows a guy, April 21st

Right, that's the clinic date. But we need some time to invite next teams in line if there are declined bids and time to get info from vote-in candidates and prep team reports for voting once we finalize who candidates are based on acceptances from these currently invited teams. So that forces us into a March 20 acceptance deadline for the initial invites.

Just waiting on confirmations from Portage, Cathedral, and Franklin County. Thanks for being so responsive, everyone!

Edited by maligned

All 3 classes have now been filled with the 10 automatic bids, plus 1A's first vote-in bid is taken by Milan by default and has been accepted.

Teams eligible for the April voting will shortly receive paperwork for better acquainting the selection committee on the reasons their teams will be strong next year--especially explaining details of any JV and 8th grade talent that is on the way.

For review, these teams will be in the voting in April:

3A (eligible for both spots):

Harrison-WL, Perry Meridian, Center Grove, Chesterton, Crown Point

2A (eligible for both spots):

Lawrenceburg, Western, Jimtown, Culver Academies

1A (final spot only):

North Putnam, Triton, Attica, Eastern Hancock, Winamac

• 2 weeks later...

All 3 classes have now been filled with the 10 automatic bids, plus 1A's first vote-in bid is taken by Milan by default and has been accepted.

Teams eligible for the April voting will shortly receive paperwork for better acquainting the selection committee on the reasons their teams will be strong next year--especially explaining details of any JV and 8th grade talent that is on the way.

For review, these teams will be in the voting in April:

3A (eligible for both spots):

Harrison-WL, Perry Meridian, Center Grove, Chesterton, Crown Point

2A (eligible for both spots):

Lawrenceburg, Western, Jimtown, Culver Academies

1A (final spot only):

North Putnam, Triton, Attica, Eastern Hancock, Winamac

When will be receiving the paperwork to submit information for the vote in? The posting on March 9th said "shortly". Has this been sent out yet?

Here is an update on teams accepting/declining 2017-18 Team State bids. If your team is on this list and you believe your AD and/or coach have not received an invitation email, please contact Greg Ratliff (gratliff@rbbschools.net).

A=accepted, D=declined (all others invited but haven't committed)

3A:

Penn-A

Castle-A

Columbus East-A

Brownsburg-A

Avon-A

Roncalli-A

Mater Dei-A

Carroll-A

Portage-A

Harrison (WL)-

Cathedral-D

Merrillville-D

2A:

Yorktown-A

Edgewood-A

North Montgomery-A

Wawasee-A

Garrett-A

Indian Creek-A

New Prairie-A

New Haven-A

Bellmont-A

Franklin County-A

(all 10 automatic bids have confirmed their participation)

1A:

Prairie Heights-A

Adams Central-A

Cass-A

Shenandoah-A

Knightstown-A

Eastern (Greentown)-A

North Posey-A

Frankton-A

Milan-A

South Adams-A

Central Noble-A

(11 of 12 teams now solidified here--10 automatic, plus the first vote-in having no one within enough qualifying points to challenge for the spot)

Are you saying that Harrison is in???    What?  Thank you Cathedral.  We owe you one.  I guess thanks to  Merrillvile   also.    The good news is that Harrison won't   be subject to the opinion of the "Committee of Power".   The bad news is I cant publish funny COP lobbying posts about this topic anymore.  But also, that will   stop  any literal Nazi style propaganda counter attacks against my crusade.  You know what Im talking about Joe.  

Here's a question.  Once a team declines,  does that mean they cant change their mind?  Are they out once they check the old "D" on the email?   Were not going the old "psyche" trick pulled on us.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

The bad news is I cant publish funny COP lobbying posts about this topic anymore.  But also, that will   stop  any literal Nazi style propaganda counter attacks against my crusade. 

I don't see why this should stop you. It's not like logic is required for posts :)

Are you saying that Harrison is in???    What?  Thank you Cathedral.  We owe you one.  I guess thanks to  Merrillvile   also.    The good news is that Harrison won't   be subject to the opinion of the "Committee of Power".   The bad news is I cant publish funny COP lobbying posts about this topic anymore.  But also, that will   stop  any literal Nazi style propaganda counter attacks against my crusade.  You know what Im talking about Joe.  

Here's a question.  Once a team declines,  does that mean they cant change their mind?  Are they out once they check the old "D" on the email?   Were not going the old "psyche" trick pulled on us.

I'd be more interested in hearing more of your conspiracy theories on why other teams are chosen.

I'd be more interested in hearing more of your conspiracy theories on why other teams are chosen.

See,  I knew you liked my posts.  Maybe if I get some time, Ill come up some stuff.    But just like Trump says,  the election is over.  We need to get along and cooperate together to make Indiana wrestling great again. 

And come on MoWrester:  There was logic to my posts, maybe bias logic.  But I made a point.

When will be receiving the paperwork to submit information for the vote in? The posting on March 9th said "shortly". Has this been sent out yet?

Greg just told me he sent it out at 11:30 this morning. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.