Indianapolis Area Super Team

"Clash of Counties" Summer Super Duals

Who's in?

I think it'd be great for the sport and our state's involvement with it. Columbus East last summer had a super dual with Perry Meridian and two other teams and it was pretty fun. Saw some really fun and competitive matches. It was planned to be outside, but weather was an issue, so it was held inside. Hopefully, they do this event again and are able to have the duals outdoors this time! I think we could see some great stuff from our state's summer teams and it gives opportunities for those who can't travel much during summer due to limited money and high costs.

My best guestimate as to a dual based on mostly previous results, which would be very entertaining as would any of these duals!

106 - Campbell MD Hollis.  May lose a point here for bonus, as I think Hollis could avoid the major.  (#TheCounty 4 - Da Region 0)

113 - Garcia D. Peele.  (#TheCounty 7 - Da Region 0)

120 - Mills D. Triana. I know that Mills got the Fall, but I think think it is closer than that, in fact this would be my first swing match. (#TheCounty 10 - Da Region 0)

126 - Mulkey D. DeLaPena. OT match at State. Could go either way. My 2nd Swing match. (#TheCounty 13 - Da Region 0)

132 - Reitz D. Miranda. (#TheCounty 13 - Da Region 3)

138 - Black D. Conley. Does Black widen the gap the second time around? (#TheCounty 13 - Da Region 6)

145 - Lee MD. Crary. (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 6)

152 - Lamore D. Clark (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 9)

160 - Lemley MD Brewer (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 13)

170 - Fatorre MD Cicciarelli (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 17)

182 - Davison D. Walton. My 3rd Swing match of the dual, does Big Move Walton pull one out a la Dubusk Hobart/EMD 99? (Da Region 20 - #TheCounty 17)

195 - Davison MD McCormick. If McCormick does not make 195, maybe 6 pts given up here? (Da Region 23 - #TheCounty 17)

220 - Larson D. Pokerney. (Da Region 23 - #TheCounty 20)

So it comes down to the Big Guys! Does Rickie have some Bonus Pts in him, or does it go to criteria? Does Streck pull it off?

285 - Streck D. Clark (FINAL: DaRegion 26 - #TheCounty 17) My Final swing match by the way.

Feel free to debate away!

For the record, my money would be on DeLaPena to reverse the result in a dual!

lol Lets take this a step further. Indiana North Vs South say I70 diving line.  Go

This doesn't even seem to be fair, w/ both #TheCounty and Da Region BOTH north of I-70; no contest N wins...  Feel free to prove me wrong :)

My best guestimate as to a dual based on mostly previous results, which would be very entertaining as would any of these duals!

106 - Campbell MD Hollis.  May lose a point here for bonus, as I think Hollis could avoid the major.  (#TheCounty 4 - Da Region 0)

113 - Garcia D. Peele.  (#TheCounty 7 - Da Region 0)

120 - Mills D. Triana. I know that Mills got the Fall, but I think think it is closer than that, in fact this would be my first swing match. (#TheCounty 10 - Da Region 0)

126 - Mulkey D. DeLaPena. OT match at State. Could go either way. My 2nd Swing match. (#TheCounty 13 - Da Region 0)

132 - Reitz D. Miranda. (#TheCounty 13 - Da Region 3)

138 - Black D. Conley. Does Black widen the gap the second time around? (#TheCounty 13 - Da Region 6)

145 - Lee MD. Crary. (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 6)

152 - Lamore D. Clark (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 9)

160 - Lemley MD Brewer (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 13)

170 - Fatorre MD Cicciarelli (#TheCounty 17 - Da Region 17)

182 - Davison D. Walton. My 3rd Swing match of the dual, does Big Move Walton pull one out a la Dubusk Hobart/EMD 99? (Da Region 20 - #TheCounty 17)

195 - Davison MD McCormick. If McCormick does not make 195, maybe 6 pts given up here? (Da Region 23 - #TheCounty 17)

220 - Larson D. Pokerney. (Da Region 23 - #TheCounty 20)

So it comes down to the Big Guys! Does Rickie have some Bonus Pts in him, or does it go to criteria? Does Streck pull it off?

285 - Streck D. Clark (FINAL: DaRegion 26 - #TheCounty 17) My Final swing match by the way.

Feel free to debate away!

This is total garbage....

no you could wrestle this dual 5 times and  5 distinct different outcomes what is the classification of the region again is it more than one county?  I just want to see if my previous county vs county statement holds true or if as per usual i am 100% off

This is total garbage....

no you could wrestle this dual 5 times and  5 distinct different outcomes what is the classification of the region again is it more than one county?  I just want to see if my previous county vs county statement holds true or if as per usual i am 100% off

I agree with you there Fabio, definitely would be different outcomes.   Da Region consists of portions of Lake and Porter Counties.  Leggin has already posted the Porter County team, I will post the Lake County team a little bit later, this thing called work is getting in the way of things right now!

Ok so here would be the Indiana North and South teams based on I-70 division.  This was based off highest placer.

North 8 champs vs South 6 champs

106- Curtis vs Lowery

113- Watts vs Viduya

120- Mills vs Rooks

126- Mulkey vs White

132- Bailey vs Combest

138- Black vs Sellmer

145- B. Lee vs Rust

152- Hatch vs J. Lee

160- Laughlin vs Bane

170- Webster vs Stock

182- Gray vs Moore

195- Davison vs Tonte

220- Maddox vs Parris

HWT- Ellis vs Ripple

Edited by leaveitonthemat

Fort Wayne > Da Region > The County

Over 20% of the placers from Fort Wayne were state champs! Quality over quantity

NOPE.  While this may seem hypocritical since I started a post with the title 'quality over quantity' before, I do not agree with this logic here.

This sounds like "Wrestling Scholar" and his comment about how the Logansport Regional places more guys per enrollment...blah, blah, blah...(http://indianamat.com/index.php/topic/51672-logansport-regional-overunder/?hl=logansport+regional)

Plus this is a discussion about DUALS.

Edited by MOWrestler

Region Rat, where are you?  While Da Region might not technically be a "county", what does Da Region v. #TheCounty look like and who wins?

This one looks pretty close for #TheCounty.  Need the toss-ups or some bonus points...

Indeed.  Daper Dan style this does not go well for #TheCounty.

I would classify if u can commute to one of da mills your a rat.

Da rat is a little dis morning - to much celebrating after da fight last night.

If I was doing Lake County it would be:

106: Shawn Hollis

113: Jacob Maldonado (or Andres Moreno)

120: Tylor Triana

126: Michael DLP

132: Jeremiah Reitz

138: Brendan Black

145: Jason Crary

152: Noah LaMore

160: Oszkar Kasch

170: Zack Fattore

182: Tyjonn Lockett

195: A.J. Fowler

220: Justin Akers

285: Brandon Streck

That is just what I would put down at least.

How would #TheCounty fare versus the New Castle Semi-State?

106 - Brayden Lowery

113 - Alec Viduya

120 - Tyce Freije

126 - Jordan Slivka

132 - Breyden Bailey

138 - Zach Melloh

145 - Boone Welliever

152 - Noah Warren

160 - Alston Bane

170 - Jake Ruberg

182 - Tanner Webster

195 - Tristen Tonte

220 - Mason Parris

285 - Elijah Bailey

Edited by bluechipper

#thecounty team is

#prettyaverage without

#thebrownsburg

Ok... ok.... we get it. You have said it in multiple ways on multiple threads. Your team is awesome... Brownsburg is too. Avon, Danville, Plainfield, TriWest, and Cascade have little to nothing to offer Indiana wrestling. I'm sure that if EMD and Avon wrestle at team state next year... you guys will crush us. We do get it.

Btw... I'm sure that if you take the best team out of any county, then that county would be not as good.

And... if some how, some way... an average Avon team would finish higher than another team... would that team be considered to be below average?

Really to be honest... it is awesome just to be a part of a program that has a small part in this conversation. I assure you that when I started to volunteer in this area a decade ago... nobody would have ever predicted that a conversation that our area against the best in Indiana would ever happen. These conversations were only applicable to EMD, the region, Perry, and the other top dogs. So... yes I'm proud of the Brownsburg program, the Avon program and all of the kids that I have had the honor of seeing work so hard to try to get to the top. I typically stay positive on this board. Just have a hard time swallowing hook's point of view. So.. no I don't think that without Brownsburg, this area is average. And it's not going to be for sometime. Just too much desire and resources here to go back to average or worse. Better watch out for Plainfield in a few years (they are about to make some big changes). You heard it here first. It's not going away.

Edited by Mattyb

I don't think anybody is arguing that Avon is a good team. I think they'll be one of the best for the next few years. I think people are just having fun picking on Avon because Avon was remarkably more vocal about "#TheCounty" this last season and Brownsburg ended up having the most success.

I don't think anybody is arguing that Avon is a good team. I think they'll be one of the best for the next few years. I think people are just having fun picking on Avon because Avon was remarkably more vocal about "#TheCounty" this last season and Brownsburg ended up having the most success.

Yeah.. young buddy. It does say pretty average not good. But your right! My team hasn't won squat. Have to keep putting in the work. I assure that work was put in tonight, and will be done the next day and the next day! I know the same is being done a few miles to the north of me too.

It doesn't matter.... he got the reaction that he wanted.

Edited by Mattyb

Ok... ok.... we get it. You have said it in multiple ways on multiple threads. Your team is awesome... Brownsburg is too. Avon, Danville, Plainfield, TriWest, and Cascade have little to nothing to offer Indiana wrestling. I'm sure that if EMD and Avon wrestle at team state next year... you guys will crush us. We do get it.

Btw... I'm sure that if you take the best team out of any county, then that county would be not as good.

And... if some how, some way... an average Avon team would finish higher than another team... would that team be considered to be below average?

Really to be honest... it is awesome just to be a part of a program that has a small part in this conversation. I assure you that when I started to volunteer in this area a decade ago... nobody would have ever predicted that a conversation that our area against the best in Indiana would ever happen. These conversations were only applicable to EMD, the region, Perry, and the other top dogs. So... yes I'm proud of the Brownsburg program, the Avon program and all of the kids that I have had the honor of seeing work so hard to try to get to the top. I typically stay positive on this board. Just have a hard time swallowing hook's point of view. So.. no I don't think that without Brownsburg, this area is average. And it's not going to be for sometime. Just too much desire and resources here to go back to average or worse. Better watch out for Plainfield in a few years (they are about to make some big changes). You heard it here first. It's not going away.

#theplainfield?

Edited by hook and half

Franklin is in the Indianapolis area? you have to drive through Greenwood and Whiteland to get there.

Franklin is in the Indianapolis area? you have to drive through Greenwood and Whiteland to get there.

It's not much if any farther away from Indy than Brownsburg

You guys went and got Mattyb all worked up...........bad move !!!!

#TheCounty is here to stay for quite some time so Da region rat should take the coverages off of the brinks truck and just put it in storage for awhile. 

The rest of the state is jelly and its likely because we not only have the studs in #TheCounty, we also have Nickydubz and his cat Sasha putting out great youtube videos with his guitar and google preview hangouts !!!

Boom............mic-drop as bomb has been put down !!!!!

Yeah.. young buddy. It does say pretty average not good. But your right! My team hasn't won squat. Have to keep putting in the work. I assure that work was put in tonight, and will be done the next day and the next day! I know the same is being done a few miles to the north of me too.

It doesn't matter.... he got the reaction that he wanted.

You're WAY too easy to get riled up.  Stop taking every post so seriously, relax and just smile on occasion.  If Avon wasn't good, no one would mention them at all.  

You're WAY too easy to get riled up. Stop taking every post so seriously, relax and just smile on occasion. If Avon wasn't good, no one would mention them at all.

Is this not a message board where we can get on here and debate? I assure you that no one is upset. If hook were to show up at iswa state this weekend and we were to meet... I'm sure that we would have a good laugh. I know that we have a good team. I also know that EMD is great also. But... I also know that if anyone got on here and said that they Evansville wrestling is average at best... 50 people would get on here and react. I assure you that I'm good. As I stated before... I can dish it and I can take it. I think that is what makes this board fun. No hard feelings.. just making points and sharing opinions. I assure you that I have tons of fun, and smile more than most. #Blessed Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.