IHSAA Team State

I recently have been doing some studying on the history of our sport, and I've found that I can order the old IHSAA Team State Finals tournaments on DVD, and I will proceed to do so, but is there any recommendations for a specific year? As an alum of a former team state powerhouse, I've heard many stories about the previous era (pre-2011 for me). While I can't feel the electricity, I would love to see the EMD crowds of old and compare them to today. This also makes me wish Team State was back as a class A, AA, and AAA system because I remember watching Prairie Heights in 2016 and man were they fired up. Same with Monrovia in AA. Fireworks of duals. But back to my specific question, is there a specific year that I should watch ahead of time?

2003 MD, probably the best Indiana team ever.

I've read about them and that they would've placed an unprecedented number of points on the board at Individual State that would still be unmatched today. 10 qualifiers, 7 medalists, two of which were thirds, a runner-up, and four champions. Unreal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.