Mason Parris FloWrestling Interview.

MattM

Kid is a class act...  I think he is really torn between football and wrestling.  Football wise, he has the size and speed to make it t the NFL.  Wrestling wise, he is a D1 placer/champion.  I can see him at Purdue for their engineering program and possibly pull a Gelen Robinson playing two sports.  

Kid is a class act...  I think he is really torn between football and wrestling.  Football wise, he has the size and speed to make it t the NFL.  Wrestling wise, he is a D1 placer/champion.  I can see him at Purdue for their engineering program and possibly pull a Gelen Robinson playing two sports.  

That's the problem,   Gelen did this for one season and it didn't work out to well.  It was too much.  Maybe Mason could make it work.

Jake Ruberg and his dad got some camera time too.  Jake has some great words about putting in work immediately to be ready for the next level. 

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1112585-jake-ruberg-training-the-day-after-placing-at-state#.WK8XYNIrK1s

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1112579-ruberg-and-son-credit-spatola-for-wrestling-growth#.WK8XcdIrK1s

Awesome, that second video is at Spatola's Wrestling School over by Cincy, big taking Little B to Spatola's for about 6 weeks now and have been really impressed.

Both of them are actually from there.  Zeb Miller from GohioCast visited there over the weekend.  Here is a link to the entire video set.

http://www.flowrestling.org/event/254966-spatola-wrestling/videos

For those of you that don't know Spatola is a former Indiana University Wrestler who now runs wrestling school out of Cincinnati.  Its had some pretty successful wrestlers come through over the last few years.

Edited by MattM

2 collegiate sports + engineering school...... good luck buddy. 

He is very good. If this is who I think it is, the match between the two of them was pretty good this past season but Mason won.

That's awesome...he actually was moving mason in the tie when he hit that nice duck to that single..this video shows that the Best never rest.

Watching the kid on the field is impressive. Idk if he is a Big Ten linebacker? For sure wrestler! Having been around a lot of football and played a lot of football, he could go to Purdue for it. They recruit the piss out of the southern states and get the leftover SEC Big 12 kids. Kid could win national titles as a wrestler for sure tho

NFL talk is a bit premature.  As of now, at least according to the recruiting sites, Mason only has offers from Cincinnati and Ball St.  He's getting interest from others, so more offers may or may not come. Purdue?  Is Purdue football better than Ball St. or Cincinnati?  You get to play against better players and in better stadiums, but.....   To clarify, I'm sure more offers will come, but will higher level offers come?   I don't think it's realistic to do both at a high level.  

I'm not sure about his football future but I hope he continues to wrestle in college. After 3 years in HS I'd say he is as good a big man as I've ever seen in Indiana, and that's a lot. He still has room to grow and improve yes, but he's on the right track.

As far as ending up a top wrestling recruit, I'm guessing some schools are curious to see how he matches up with the best 285's in the country. I don't see him ever going below 200 again so he's gonna have to prove it sooner or later.

I'm not sure about his football future but I hope he continues to wrestle in college. After 3 years in HS I'd say he is as good a big man as I've ever seen in Indiana, and that's a lot. He still has room to grow and improve yes, but he's on the right track.

As far as ending up a top wrestling recruit, I'm guessing some schools are curious to see how he matches up with the best 285's in the country. I don't see him ever going below 200 again so he's gonna have to prove it sooner or later.

The current dominant heavyweight in college is also the world champ at 97kg (214lbs). He goes back and forth between college and international events right during the season, so I know he's not weighing much more than 220 as his walk-around weight. He can just hit high crotches and snatch singles on anyone in the world. The champ the 2 years before that only weighed about 240. There have been many hugely successful lighter college heavyweights. Make no mistake--Parris is a prospect of the highest order if he ends up going the wrestling-only route.

The current dominant heavyweight in college is also the world champ at 97kg (214lbs). He goes back and forth between college and international events right during the season, so I know he's not weighing much more than 220 as his walk-around weight. He can just hit high crotches and snatch singles on anyone in the world. The champ the 2 years before that only weighed about 240. There have been many hugely successful lighter college heavyweights. Make no mistake--Parris is a prospect of the highest order if he ends up going the wrestling-only route.

I emphatically agree with this...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.