#TheCounty

SWINfan

Congrats to #TheCounty

1.  Team Title for Brownsburg

2.  Gunnar Larson for the Mental Attitude Award.  Headed to Army to give to our great country and learn invaluable leadership.  Hopefully big things ahead for Mr. Larson

#TheCounty took some lumps this this weekend, but still had a lot of success

Asa is special. No one would argue that. I'm sure he will won another title or maybe two before his high school career is over. As far as teams go and #thecounty, right now it's all

#thebrownsburg

Ok.. ok... we get it Avon sucks. I guess Danville sucks too. Is that what you want to hear?

Me personally would like to congratulate Logan Boe on one heck of a run.

I would also like to congratulate Avon for having 4 state placers (two sophomores and a freshman). Last time I checked... four state placers is a great thing.

Huge congratulations to Gunnar Larson on a great career and EARNING the mental attitude award. He is a great leader and will do something great with the rest of his life. Thank you to the IHSAA from realizing this also.

Last but not least... great season by the Bulldogs. They won everything! The always seem to be having fun and are all great kids.

With all of that said... Adams Central had a great season (wherever that school is). You should be proud of your kids. That zero points scored is very strong. I assure you that we will take your criticism to heart and get better. Thanks for your multiple post knocking our kids...... gesh!

#TheCounty

Edited by Mattyb

Adams Central had a great season (wherever that school is). You should be proud of your kids. That zero points scored is very strong. I assure you that we will take your criticism to heart and get better. Thanks for your multiple post knocking our kids...... gesh!

#TheCounty

Adams Central is in the historically best wrestling county per capita in the state. (sent multiple this year from their tiny school) You could say the original "the county" long before hash tags were put on message boards by passionate parents.

Ok.. ok... we get it Avon sucks. I guess Danville sucks too. Is that what you want to hear?

I would also like to congratulate Avon for having 4 state placers (two sophomores and a freshman). Last time I checked... four state placers is a great thing.

Huge congratulations to Gunnar Larson on a great career and EARNING the mental attitude award. He is a great leader and will do something great with the rest of his life. Thank you to the IHSAA from realizing this also.

Last but not least... great season by the Bulldogs. They won everything! The always seem to be having fun and are all great kids.

With all of that said... Adams Central had a great season (wherever that school is). You should be proud of your kids. That zero points scored is very strong. I assure you that we will take your criticism to heart and get better. Thanks for your multiple post knocking our kids...... gesh!

#TheCounty

Middle of Adams County and don't you ever forget that! :) Not sure who the Jet fan who has been heckling you, but I will congratulate you and say not all of us are total haters. I will say that individual tournament success is very low on our radar compared to team dual success. This year's team was very down compared to most. We are a 1A football and wrestling school and 2A basketball, baseball, and etc. that has never embraced the larger schools in any way. I also believe that part of the dislike may go back to Mishawaka as I know a fan or two that coached and officiated who disliked a few coaches now at Brownsburg and Penn.

Middle of Adams County and don't you ever forget that! :) Not sure who the Jet fan who has been heckling you, but I will congratulate you and say not all of us are total haters. I will say that individual tournament success is very low on our radar compared to team dual success. This year's team was very down compared to most. We are a 1A football and wrestling school and 2A basketball, baseball, and etc. that has never embraced the larger schools in any way. I also believe that part of the dislike may go back to Mishawaka as I know a fan or two that coached and officiated who disliked a few coaches now at Brownsburg and Penn.

i know all about Adams Central. I have actually met coach Currie. He's a great dude and the program is great. I guess I was just busting chops. Just kinda figured that your guy was not being cool. Edited by Mattyb

I think everyone is giving #THECOUNTY to much hate. They put their names and faces to their screen names and made the board that much more fun. They are young and will bring a handful of guys back next year too. Congrats to Gunnar Larson tough draw but the mental attitude award couldn't have gone to a better kid.

#TheCounty

Where were all the Adams Central fans Saturday anyway?

I think everyone is giving #THECOUNTY to much hate. They put their names and faces to their screen names and made the board that much more fun. They are young and will bring a handful of guys back next year too. Congrats to Gunnar Larson tough draw but the mental attitude award couldn't have gone to a better kid.

I don't see it as hate. People just poking back at what we've all seen throughout the year. Did they liven up the board with all their brandishing, absolutely. Are they young and talented, you bet? I wish the best for any and all wrestlers, coaches and programs. However, when one comes to the kitchen, they also better be ready for the heat that comes with it.

I think you have to be careful about assuming where posters are from. Adams Central is the first school listed so you need to change that to select a school on your profile. There are way too many people on here that looks like they are from AC when in reality most likely are not. I would like to think we would not have posters knocking other programs when we are striving to get to their level. So I think folks need to ease up a little on their assumptions of where posters are from.

I know Matt and would never take a shot at him or anyone that puts as much time and effort into this sport that we all love.

Great weekend by all the kids who participated. It is a great accomplishment to earn a trip to the state finals. Those are the elite kids in the state.

Tony Currie

#TheCounty

Read the entire post carefully: zero people denigrated the Avon or danville programs. Zero. Garcia and Larson are great champions. Logan Boe had a thrilling run through the Evansville semistate. No one, anywhere in this post said differently.

What they did do is mercilessly mock the "it's coming", #thecounty crowd. Overinflated balloons, egos and windbags, can sometimes pop. Take as good as you give.

That's true hook... take it and dish it. And he was talking about us, and I fired back. You see that's how it works. Someone bust your chops and you can do the same. That's what guys do. No biggie. Just sucks when nameless faceless people do it. The kitchen did get hot, and I just fired it back.

And I do agree with Tony, the negative post most likely didn't come from one of their guys. Tony is a great guy and took time to chat with a guy or two from our team prior to the parade. He has a great program. He is building it from the ground up. Big fan of his elementary jet club. Sorry that I made those comments. Those guys are a class act.

#ItIsComing

Edited by Mattyb

That's true hook... take it and dish it. And he was talking about us, and I fired back. You see that's how it works. Someone bust your chops and you can do the same. That's what guys do. No biggie. Just sucks when nameless faceless people do it. The kitchen did get hot, and I just fired it back.

And I do agree with Tony, the negative post most likely didn't come from one of their guys. Tony is a great guy and took time to chat with a guy or two rom out team prior to the parade. He has a great program. He is building it from the ground up. Big fan of his elementary jet club. Sorry that I made those comments. Those guys are a class act.

#ItIsComing

I want to clarify that the individuals I am talking about are not on Indiana mat to my knowledge and are just fans now after being a coach(es) and referee(s). I think it just stems from heated calls in crunch time situations. I'm sure if those individuals and Coach Snyder, Harper, and etc sat down, bygones would be bygones. That's the great thing about this sport, is that you can be fierce competitors for 6 or so minutes but in the end we're all in it together. Remember you must be doing something right if others are bringing heat to the kitchen and you have that state title. Once again, congratulations on a great year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.