THANK YOU Clark and Samuels

FCFIGHTER170

h&h ^ I couldn't have said it better, absolutely an AMAZING match, and for 3rd/4th, normally I would feel kinda bad for the loser in a match like this, but I can truly say....THERE WERE NO LOSERS ANYWHERE IN THE BUILDING, DURING/AFTER THIS MATCH.....THE IMAPITOMY OF EPIC...THOSE 2 MEN ARE NOTHING LESS THAN SAVAGES

You will not find a better kid than Rickie Clark. I've had the pleasure of coaching him in football the last 3 years, and he's just one of those people that is a joy to be around. I literally lost my voice that match, and was so happy for the freaky and sneaky athletic Rickie.

Samuels was one of my favorites from last year...and watching him destroy people on the gridiron was fun too (except against us).

While I normally hate the saying...I will pull it out in the rare instance. There were no losers in that matchup.

As a side note, my prediction is we see Rickie as a comedian, talk show host, actor. Literally one of the funniest kids around.

I don't know that I have ever seen a sporting event where the combatants invited the crowd into the game, the whole stadium bit, and the result transcended a simple wrestlng match.

It was a singular experience.

Agreed. You see football d-linemen engage the crowd before a play, basketball players occasionally do the same. I've never seen a wrestler do it before getting set on bottom like Samuels did. It was captivating.

Many times when 10+ points are scored by each wrestler, there is some sloppy wrestling and poor technique. This match had neither of those. Aggressive wrestling and well executed technique by both kids. What a show!! Glad I was able to be there to enjoy it.

I have had the good fortune to see a lot of great matches in a variety of locations around the world. This match was one of the most entertaining I have ever seen. I know I can say this with 100% certainty....I have never seen a standing ovation for 3rd place heavyweight match anywhere on the planet.

Well done gentlemen, well done!

You will not find a better kid than Rickie Clark. I've had the pleasure of coaching him in football the last 3 years, and he's just one of those people that is a joy to be around. I literally lost my voice that match, and was so happy for the freaky and sneaky athletic Rickie.

Samuels was one of my favorites from last year...and watching him destroy people on the gridiron was fun too (except against us).

While I normally hate the saying...I will pull it out in the rare instance. There were no losers in that matchup.

As a side note, my prediction is we see Rickie as a comedian, talk show host, actor. Literally one of the funniest kids around.

This does not surprise me. I watched Clark at semistate; that kid is pure joy. A million watt smile and he looks like he is having the time of his life.

Should also add...while "our team" won its first state title and I was incredibly proud of the entire team, coaches, and parents...and you won't find a nicer kid than B Lee and seeing what he did was awesome...

My favorite moment of the entire day was when I finally got a chance to see Slick Rickie after his match and give him a big ole bear hug and tell him how proud I was of him...and I'm not a hugger. LOL.

It gave me a small glimpse and appreciation of what every single one of those parents must have felt seeing their son on the floor of BLF, no matter where their son might have finished. What a great event.

Edited by Kookie953

Some much needed respect for the big men whom often get to perform in front of an empty gymnasium. Very entertaining match!

[jokingly said]We had our 285 out wrestling as well and was told our coaches were hoping the match would hurry up and finish, not to be disrespectful to the two big men, but so they could actually coach the boys because of how loud it was at the moment and them not being able to hear![/jokingly said]

Edited by XCard

Should also add...while "our team" won its first state title and I was incredibly proud of the entire team, coaches, and parents...and you won't find a nicer kid than B Lee and seeing what he did was awesome...

My favorite moment of the entire day was when I finally got a chance to see Slick Rickie after his match and give him a big ole bear hug and tell him how proud I was of him...and I'm not a hugger. LOL.

It gave me a small glimpse and appreciation of what every single one of those parents must have felt seeing their son on the floor of BLF, no matter where their son might have finished. What a great event.

Cool moment when in betwwe sessions he walked out into lobby while everyone was waiting in line and the whole olace broke out into applause

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.