Girlfriends

grappleapple

When I coach baseball I always tell my guys some great wisdom that has been passed down to me by a coach much better than I'll ever be. He said that the three things that can ruin a baseball career are whiskey, women and a curveball - in no particular order. I feel this also applies to wrestling. Well, my sons are at the age now where one of them wants to bring his girlfriend along to state Saturday. Is this even ethical? I've got one kid that wants to watch wrestling, and pick up some good habits. The other kid wants to spend the day with his girlfriend under the disguise of watching wrestling. Should I write one of them out of the will? Do I do the unthinkable and allow the girlfriend to invade in our state watching tradition? Real dilemma here.

Edited by grappleapple

When I coach baseball I always tell my guys some great wisdom that has been passed down to me by a coach much better than I'll ever be. He said that the three things that can ruin a baseball career are whiskey, women and a curveball - in no particular order. I feel this also applies to wrestling. Well, my sons are at the age now where one of them wants to bring his girlfriend along to state Saturday. Is this even ethical? I've got one kid that wants to watch wrestling, and pick up some good habits. The other kid wants to spend the day with his girlfriend under the disguise of watching wrestling. Should I write one of them out of the will? Do I do the unthinkable and allow the girlfriend to invade in our state watching tradition? Real dilemma here.

It's better to supervise and guide than have them sneak and hide lol..

Girlfriends do NOT get to come to state and 'watch' unless your son is wrestling.  Then as long as she stays away from him until the tournament is over it's okay.  Fans are fun :) !  However, I suggest you offer to accompany them to watch a movie or something fun like that NEXT weekend.  I'm sure they'd love to have you along!

Girlfriends do NOT get to come to state and 'watch' unless your son is wrestling.  Then as long as she stays away from him until the tournament is over it's okay.  Fans are fun :) !  However, I suggest you offer to accompany them to watch a movie or something fun like that NEXT weekend.  I'm sure they'd love to have you along!

Ha - I like your style. I won't be sitting near them though. I can't supervise them. I'm sure this is a strong selling point for the one with a girlfriend.

Ha - I like your style. I won't be sitting near them though. I can't supervise them. I'm sure this is a strong selling point for the one with a girlfriend.

Then that is a NO for sure.  Easy call :) . He'll thank you for it later in life.  Maybe when he has kids of his own.  Our line in the house to our daughters is "Boys are bad news."  The boys hear "Girls are trouble."  I think this pretty much covers them until they paying for their own food :D

Before my senior year started coach had a talk with me and another teammate about having our girlfriends, of course we didn't listen. A few years later on my wedding day to that same girl...coach said to me "You don't have to do this" again I didn't listen. 10 years later divorced...should have listened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.