Cummings /white death draw

Jayruss

Cummings is one awesome young man. I will tell you a story in my first encounter with him. My son decided he wanted to wrestle and after not winning a spot in 7th grade and wreslting part time during the season. One of his friends who was really good told him to come out to RWA and train after the season. My son was out of shape (just like me ) and we didn't push him into anything unless he asked. He hadn't asked till he was 12. I sign him up for RWA and he is having a really hard time - one day about a month after we were going a young man comes over to my son and works with him and talks to him. Tells him don't give up and you can improve and encourages him all practice. That young man was Colton - I didn't know him or his family and his dad also encouraged my son that night. My son stuck with it that summer and went back and won a spot as an 8th grader. This year as a sophomore he went to regionals out of a tough sectional - he wrestled 120 for 3 years if that tells you how out of shape he was. This year he jumped up with growth. Without Cummings and young men like him my son might have given up. It's that type of character this sport builds and win or lose this weekend that kid is one awesome young man

This is Coltons mom, I'm sure his number one fan .... I don't believe I have  been more proud of my son , as I am right now , reading your post .....  I, like all parents at one time , encouraged  and pushed my son to be part of an organized competitive sport  for these reasons, to teach him...  teamwork, compassion, hard work, character building  , and  learn the joys of winning,  and the heartaches of losing..... He has  experienced it all !!..   Making him who he is today .. Thank you for recognizing these qualities in him and sharing with others 

I hope and wish all  your athletes /children the same journey  Colton has had the opportunity  to  experience .....Its been a ride 

Here's the last time they wrestled, granted it's been almost 3 years.

ISWA Sch/Cad/Jr Folkstyle State (03/15 - 03/16/2014)

Cadet - 106 (1st)

1st Place Match: Colton Cummings (Region) over Alec White (Red Cobra) (Maj 9-1) 

I'll take the 219 over Red Cobra :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.