Most influential people in the sport today

ontherise219

I saw this was a topic on the forum in 2010. A lot of people posted coaches who influenced them. I wonder who are the most influential people in the sport. ill start

Joe Caprino-coach, one of the founding members and owners of indianamat(national website of the year), also runs the preseason mag which in years past have donated to charity, puts together off-season teams and runs the ihpo

Dane Fuelling-indianamat team ranking coordinator also part of seeding committee for the ihswca classed team state.

Who do you guys have?

Ryan Parrish (Contenders Wrestling Academy) - What he started in Hendricks County for Elementary, Middle School, High School Wrestling in our area is very impressive. Numbers & Stats don't lie . He gets my vote as most influential person . Proud that my Sons are #parrishtrained .

I would like to personally bring up Mr. Robert Hawtorne from Indianapolis Crispus Attucks. He has built and is continuing to build a program with no support from the school. He has personally help create champions in his son, Robert Hawthorne(currently At John Hopkins Medical School), Charles Baker ( currently enrolled as a junior at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and is trying to build a program for those who want to learn and succeed), and most recent, Lamar Willis, who started wrestling as a Freshman and made it to Semi-State with a "broken" program. Mr. Robert Hawthorne is a great mentor as well as a coach!

I think this post always gets off track. Obviously your personal coach has a huge influence on you or your program. I'm talking more in the sense of influencing indiana as a whole. ISWA volenterr ihswca board memebers ihsaa rep. Robert faulkens. Offficals like chuck Barnett and tom Clark media coverage is why I suggested Y2. Nick Weisjahn for tech support to the site he's a semi state ranker and hangout star

I would say (and this hurts) Caprino and this site do a lot for the sport

JD, Tom Clark & Jim Littlejohn do so much beyond their referee gigs

The people all involved in the hangouts, rankings and general growth of the sport (OTR, Nick, Dane, Howard, Chad, Caleb, Triple "B"

Tournaments and State Tournaments don't run without Pat and Mary doing the pairings and all other things most people don't even know get done

people who volunteer their time for boards (ISWA, IHWCA)

Academy coaches (most of whom do not have kids in the sport and do it for the love of the sport.....Parrish--CWA, Blake & Matt--MCWC, Hawkins--RWA, Eppert & Gil--CIA, Hull--Pride)

This list could continue on and on but IMO these are the people that are keeping IN wrestling on the map and in some cases handing things off to a HS coach to then reap the benefits of success.

Edit to say #TheCounty and #PainTrain (get some titles this wknd boys)

Edited by JMILL

I think this post always gets off track. Obviously your personal coach has a huge influence on you or your program. I'm talking more in the sense of influencing indiana as a whole. ISWA volenterr ihswca board memebers ihsaa rep. Robert faulkens. Offficals like chuck Barnett and tom Clark media coverage is why I suggested Y2. Nick Weisjahn for tech support to the site he's a semi state ranker and hangout star

Saw him dancing at semi-state.  That should immediately disqualify him from any and all influential lists.

I would say (and this hurts) Caprino and this site do a lot for the sport

JD, Tom Clark & Jim Littlejohn do so much beyond their referee gigs

The people all involved in the hangouts, rankings and general growth of the sport (OTR, Nick, Dane, Howard, Chad, Caleb, Triple "B"

Tournaments and State Tournaments don't run without Pat and Mary doing the pairings and all other things most people don't even know get done

people who volunteer their time for boards (ISWA, IHWCA)

Academy coaches (most of whom do not have kids in the sport and do it for the love of the sport.....Parrish--CWA, Blake & Matt--MCWC, Hawkins--RWA, Eppert & Gil--CIA, Hull--Pride)

This list could continue on and on but IMO these are the people that are keeping IN wrestling on the map and in some cases handing things off to a HS coach to then reap the benefits of success.

Edit to say #TheCounty and #PainTrain (get some titles this wknd boys)

Great post this is more in line with what I was thinking. I'm not overly familiar with who runs the iswa and who is currently on the ihswca board but I know they do a lot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.