Upsets / Big Matches

WrestlingFan111

Dru would have been much better off, as far as wrestling, had he stayed at Yorktown. Better coaching and more talent in wrestling room would have greatly benefited him in honing his talent...steel sharpens steel after all.

That said, being happy in your environment is more important than wrestling, in my opinion. He must not have been as happy at Yorktown as Frankton.

Honestly, in the Frankton room he still has some quality partners. The upper half of that lineup is top notch.

I would argue the biggest difference in the move from Yorktown to Frankton is that he now has to go through New Castle (consistently the deepest of the four) instead of Fort Wayne ( consistently the weakest of the four).

You don't get a James Miller caliber ticket round opponent in Fort Wayne without some bad luck. In New Castle, that's a best case scenario.

The New Castle Semi-State tournament was absolute nuts. I was heartbroken for Perry Meridian seniors Christian Warren and Jalen Allen who have wrestled great all season only to be cut short at semi-state along with guys like Kody Conaway and Bailey Moore. There were some TOUGH losses that SCREAMED wrestlebacks, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Also, I would like to commend Cathedral on their impressive performance yesterday. Andy Guhl came through in a MAJOR way, and genuinely surprised me, as did Elliott Rodgers. They were able to push through seven state qualifiers, with six of them competing in the semi-state finals. Bailey and Melloh wrestled great as usual, but Slivka's dirty decision on Alec White was the icing on the cake for me.

Certainly not upset related, but I was really impressed with Hatch today. I know he's a good wrestler, but it's rare to see a kid constantly attacking from the top position. I felt like there wasn't one second that he wasn't working for a turn or a fall. He was never "just riding". It was really awesome to see.

agreed. it got him in a little trouble against lamore but it doesn't look like it gets to him he's real consistant with his attacks

Honestly, in the Frankton room he still has some quality partners. The upper half of that lineup is top notch.

I would argue the biggest difference in the move from Yorktown to Frankton is that he now has to go through New Castle (consistently the deepest of the four) instead of Fort Wayne ( consistently the weakest of the four).

You don't get a James Miller caliber ticket round opponent in Fort Wayne without some bad luck. In New Castle, that's a best case scenario.

Dru is a great sportsman and terrific wrestler. Frankton does have quality coaching and other very good wrestlers to practice with.... Klettheimer who upset Eiteljoge in the ticket round for example. New castle semi-state is much tougher than Ft. Wayne. Some kids just match up better against others, and some kids just simply want it more. That's the beauty part or wrestling.

Dru is a great sportsman and terrific wrestler. Frankton does have quality coaching and other very good wrestlers to practice with.... Klettheimer who upset Eiteljoge in the ticket round for example. New castle semi-state is much tougher than Ft. Wayne. Some kids just match up better against others, and some kids just simply want it more. That's the beauty part or wrestling.

Klettheimer Should've beat Warren as well that was a great match..Cody is a BEAST

Seeing a senior like Josh Gee 160 from Shenandoah beat The number 3 and 4 ranked kids was amazing..Frazee definitely was hurt but Josh wrestled well..and he controlled Warren the whole match riding him for over 3 plus minutes...I'm so happy for Shenandoah and the blacks..They deserve this and as for that genetic freak and wonderful young man Silas Allred In look forward to seeing him dominate in the coming years...1a school getting 4 Through to state is unreal..

Josh Gee did have a heck of a day. The match between him and Warren was definitely decided off of that first takedown with the ride out in the 1st. Warren with the ride out in the 2nd and then Gee choosing top in the 3rd to only give up the escape with a few seconds left. It would have been interesting to have seen them on their feet again!

Edited by MarkCounty14

Josh Gee did have a heck of a day. The match between him and Warren was definitely decided off of that first takedown with the ride out in the 1st. Warren with the ride out in the 2nd and then Gee choosing top in the 3rd to only give up the escape with a few seconds left. It would have been interesting to have seen them on their feet again!

Them close matches with bane helped gee imho..Warren is a hell of a wrestler..is he going anywhere to wrestle in college?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.