Middle School State Team Score

southernpride

Congratulations to the Warren Central Young Warriors for winning the team title among school programs and to MCWC for winning the academy division. Great job to both.

1. Maurer Coughlin WA 432.5

2. Region WA 333.0

3. Contenders WA 187.0

4. Warren WA 158.0

5. Chesterton WC 135.0

6. JYMS Mishawaka

I wonder what teams would be top 5 if Wrestling Academies were not allowed.

Every club has studs that registered under the big three W.A.

I am not against the scoring but would like to see the current trends of feeder schools that are building into future power house H.S teams.

Everything is in cycles and just look into the past how a few dominant H.S teams have faded into obscurity.

Edited by Mat Shark

I wonder what teams would be top 5 if Wrestling Academies were not allowed.

Every club has studs that registered under the big three W.A.

I am not against the scoring but would like to see the current trends of feeder schools that are building into future power house H.S teams.

Everything is in cycles and just look into the past how a few dominant H.S teams have faded into obscurity.

MD for sure is doing something great down there 3 champs, 2 third, 1 fourth, 2 fifth.

Typically the team that brings the most kids wins team. Tonte did a great job at Perry of bringing a ton of kids, and now seems to be doing the same at Warren (and they all sign up under the school name). It will be hard for any team to beat that. Some kids sign up under academy's and not schools. Which is fine in my eyes.

One year they changed it to only one kid from each weight class could score points for a team. Each place was given a point value. That year Avon North took 6 kids and had a few champs. They ran away with the title. The next year they went back to the current scoring. Avon North had 4 champs that year and didn't come close to winning.

What Warren did is awesome. They really only had 13 kids. Other teams had many more. A solid team bringing double digit kids will always be tough to beat.

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.