Quick Frosh-Soph state tourney qualifiers and the finals poll

takemtothemat

I am guessing that they are cutting the time of the matches down, so that they will finish at a reasonable time. It kind of sucked getting done at 9:30 on a Sunday night, for the North qualifier, and having to drive almost two hours home. 

I agree, it was a late night...

Maybe so but the iswa kids even stop wrestling 1:00 1:00 1:00 after the age of 9. Just don't like it. Just my opinion.

And I also agree, these are high school kids. Sometimes not much scoring can be accomplished in 1:00 min periods.

And I also agree, these are high school kids. Sometimes not much scoring can be accomplished in 1:00 min periods.

But it maybe just enough time to try and stall with style if you have the early lead.  With the shorter times I would hope the refs call stalling, as well as, stalemates a little quicker.

But it maybe just enough time to try and stall with style if you have the early lead. With the shorter times I would hope the refs call stalling, as well as, stalemates a little quicker.

exactly... if you have two equal kids... that first take down is pretty much it. Also... I see a lot of hwt over times in our future.

Whats the point in weighing-in in a singlet with shoes on??

In general its to speed up the process of getting everyone weighed-in, as well as, it give them move areas to host the weight-ins since you don't have to be as discrete.

Is it 4 pounds on top of the 2 pounds which they got at the first of the year (6 total)? Or just 4 over the weight class?

From what I am told from coaches it is 4 pounds over normal scratch weight for weigh-ins on just Saturday before the tournament.  So 120 needs to be under 124.0.  

Then the additional 2 pounds, 6 total pounds over scratch weight, for weigh-outs on Saturday night (or if you miss it 2nd chance weigh-in Sunday morning).  So 120 needs to be under 126.0.

But, I hav not read this in a official statement from the tournament coordinators.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.