Quick Frosh-Soph state tourney qualifiers and the finals poll

takemtothemat

Wow..kudos to the organizers. There are 281 signed up for the northern qualifier now: at least 10 in all weights, 19-30 per weight in 10 weights, and more than the 12 state qualifier bids in all but 220.

Evansville qualifier is at 121 entered now, with at least 7 in all weights but 120 and 195.

I never would have expected it to take off so well in the first year when I started reading about it.

Edited by maligned

Wow..kudos to the organizers. There are 281 signed up for the northern qualifier now: at least 10 in all weights, 19-30 per weight in 10 weights, and more than the 12 state qualifier bids in all but 220.

Evansville qualifier is at 121 entered now, with at least 7 in all weights but 120 and 195.

I never would have expected it to take off so well in the first year when I started reading about

Edited by takemtothemat

Many thanks to all of the volunteers, wrestlers, ref's, and venues so far ... the State Tournament is fully imported and ready to go.  

The event is set for a 7:30 Doors Open a week from Saturday.   As it wasn't a pre-registration open event, but instead a Qualifier, the entry fees are pay at the door.   When you pay you will receive a Weigh-In Card which you can take straight to the scales.   Six mats in the main Southport Fieldhouse will have scales.   Any scale will do ... pick the shortest line.   Weigh-in's will absolutely close at 9:30.  Wrestling starts at 10.   At weigh-in's you will be wearing a Singlet and Shoes (about 1.5 pounds) and receive an additional 2 pound allowance ... i.e.., 126 is now 130.  If you are 130.1 you will be bumped up for no fee on the spot.   if you are 124 or lower (120 plus 4), you may bump down.  Your Separation Criteria will follow you.

Separation Criteria (seeding) will be implemented when building brackets.   

Level 1 -- State Qualifiers (winners Friday night will be removed) ... and congratulations on your success.

Level 2 -- Quarter Final SS 

Level 3 -- SSQ

Level 4 -- Qualifier Champs

Level 5 -- Qualifier Runner-ups

etc.......

Please check your level in the tourney and make me aware of any issues.  markdurham@mac.com

I have offered this to the coaches association for sanctioning ... I hope they will continue to consider.   It's up to all of you to make it successful.  These kids deserve it.

Many thanks to the folks at Southport, Tell City and Portage for stepping up to Host.   

Edited by redcobra

Just booked mine. Looks like 521 wrestlers qualified. Just curious how many SSQ will wrestle. I'm sure not all.

Hopefully a majority of them do..I know Owens of NC SSQ ticket rounder @113 plans on attending...and tough as nails Carson @170 will be as well.. Edited by FCFIGHTER170

170lb Allred & 132lb Lohrey from Shenandoah will be there and ready to bang.

Awesome...See ya there big guy..Hope to see Allred vs Carson Final...idk how brackets will end up but imho those 2 are the best two in that age division other than Pease of Delta..Trizton beat a few of the other SSQ pretty handily within the last yr (perez,Minnick and hemelgarn iirc)..Trizton didn't make it out of the Mooresville regionall where he drew Van horn first round and lost 7-4 aND all 4 from that regional made it to State...all his losses were to ranked beasts Cicerelli x2,webster x2 and Van horn...Looking forward to seeing the young guns put on a show this weekend

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

I am guessing that they are cutting the time of the matches down, so that they will finish at a reasonable time. It kind of sucked getting done at 9:30 on a Sunday night, for the North qualifier, and having to drive almost two hours home.

Maybe so but the iswa kids even stop wrestling 1:00 1:00 1:00 after the age of 9. Just don't like it. Just my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.