Cradle

shoottowin

Decatur Central late 80s mid 90s...but I'm gonna say the best cross-face cradle either goes to Nick Walpole or Sampson Cook...Cook wasn't very good on his feet, but the kid could cradle anyone...I remember seeing him down in alot of matches by 8-10 points, & he would choose top in the 3rd lock up his cradle & win by fall...

I agree about Nick Walpole having killer cradles.

If I recall right during his senior year he was going for his third state championship.

A sophomore Andrew Howe beat him in the semi finals on his way to his first state championship.

Andrew choose neutral in the second period in respect to Nick's cradle skills.

Kourtney Berry and Dexter Larimore of Merrillville were two of the better from Merrillville and I have to mention Jake Smith from Munster ran a pretty good one. So many others, I recall the Bradley boys from Beech Groove having pretty decent cradles also.

Kenny and Drew Hughes!   Man these boys both went to work on top, pinning from every which way!  

With K. Berry I saw him cradle everyone on his way to a semi state title barely breaking a sweat with a bum knee. Good ol 180 crossface cradle! 

Edited by TheHider

I agree about Nick Walpole having killer cradles.

If I recall right during his senior year he was going for his third state championship.

A sophomore Andrew Howe beat him in the semi

finals on his way to his first state championship.

Andrew choose neutral in the second period in respect to Nick's cradle skills.

1 of my top 5 matches of ALL TIME right there...Howe, cuts him to send it to OT, then gets the TD in OT to win it...both kids left everything on the mat, & that was in the semis, but was the state title match, in my mind...but just a slight correction, had Nick won, it would have been his 2nd state title not 3rd...but I agree, Howe was definitely aware of Nick's cradle, cuz if he locked it up on you, it was ROCK-A-BY BABY, GOOD NIGHT, YOUR COUNTING LIGHTS...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.