New Castle Semi State Predictions

yellowbelly12

Any word on who the alternate is? 

It supposed to be KeShon Edmonds of Pike who is (8-6)

Personally I don't think he should be the alternate. I think someone like Kody Conaway, who is a state ranked kid, should get the shot. He's a senior with 32 wins, and he lost to Fair in the opening round of Regional. Nothing against KeShon Edmonds of course.

Edited by gogoplata89

Rose will now slide up to Fair's spot and face Brady in the ticket round, if he wins first round. The alternate will be inserted into Rose's line and have Holman first round. Holman benefits the most from this injury, IMO. 

Turner slides into Fair's spot, and Rose into Turner's. 

Had to cleanup this topic due to some kids being idiots. Don't worry they got their whole school banned from IndianaMat.

Way to tread on their 1st ammendment rights Y2. (Joking of course. your site, your rules) although I personally found them quite entertaining.

It supposed to be KeShon Edmonds of Pike who is (8-6)

Personally I don't think he should be the alternate. I think someone like Kody Conaway, who is a state ranked kid, should get the shot. He's a senior with 32 wins, and he lost to Fair in the opening round of Regional. Nothing against KeShon Edmonds of course.

I think Tyler Bowling can be brought into the conversation as well. He lost to Turner 7-6, a pretty decent wrestler in my opinion

Just curious as to procedures...

1. What's the timeframes? When would PM have to notify of a default?  In this case a procedure is alleged to be happening on Fri. Is the potential alternate notified as of yesterday when the news broke that he might be slotted in so he could begin a cut/gearing up? I know he should be anyway blah blah blah but let's be realistic.

2. Say Edmonds attempts but cannot become the alternate..what then? When then etc?

Just seems like a strange case.

And thoughts and best wishes to Sammy.

Just curious as to procedures...

1. What's the timeframes? When would PM have to notify of a default?  In this case a procedure is alleged to be happening on Fri. Is the potential alternate notified as of yesterday when the news broke that he might be slotted in so he could begin a cut/gearing up? I know he should be anyway blah blah blah but let's be realistic.

2. Say Edmonds attempts but cannot become the alternate..what then? When then etc?

Just seems like a strange case.

And thoughts and best wishes to Sammy.

Alternate is notified, if he can't make weight/is injured/has a date with his girlfriend it will move to the next person....and so on.

If you read the winter bulletin. There is only one alternate in place. If the 5th place kid can't make it, it should be a FF. 

"The only alternate will be the 5th place contestant in that weight class from that site"

"The 5th place alternate will be the last individual defeated by the champion who did not advance"

But, I'm Sure the IHSAA will interpret it another way. 

Edited by Coach Seltzer

Best guess in order, 1st to 4th

106- SJohnson, Lowery, Black, Mattingly

113- Brady, Viduya, Rose, Holman

120- Noehre, Nier, Ragle, Freije

126- White, Jerde, Slivka, Pugsley

132- Bailey, Schaefer, Smiley, Servies

138- Melloh, Surguy, Davis, Moore

145- Welliever, Graves, Rust, Padgett

152- Negangard, Warren, Eiteljorge, Gobeyn

160- Bane, Warren, Berkebile, Lazzara

170- Webster, Penola, Allred, Lowe

182- Stambaugh, Allen, Simmons, Baker

195- Tonte, Stewart, Williamson, Jagow

220- Parris, Burton, Cornwell, McClaine

285- Bailey, Samuels, Minges, Selm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.