Frosh/Soph State (2nd chance state)

If a wrestler meets the weigh out requirement Saturday evening, do they still weigh in again Sunday morning?

No

Any reason why there is a weigh-out for this meet?  Why are we making this more complex than it has to be?

I'm not sure, just passing tournament info along to help out. The only thing I can see is maybe this is how it's being done in Illinois and it's being mimicked off of how other states are running their frosh/soph tournaments? With this being a brand new tournament, there will be a lot to learn and improve on for the future!

Edited by Coach Litherland

I know this may be a shot in the dark, but since this is not a IHSAA event can a middle schooler compete.  I know Middle School state is the same day but as a High School coach  cant be in two places at once and just checking if my son who is a 7th grader could compete in the High School division.

Coach,

This comes from the tournament flyer directly: (This tournament is for all IHSAA Freshman and Sophomores who DID NOT PLACE in the IHSAA State Championships. This includes wrestlers who competed at Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman levels during the high school season.) Doesn't sound like it would work.

Does the 4 lb allowance get added on top of the original weight class, or on top of the 2 lb allowance already in place for the state.

For example if I had a 106 competing, does he have to make 110 or 112

I'll ask the tournament director, I'm assuming the 106 class so wrestler would have to make 110.

Edited by Coach Litherland

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.