Most team points in Sectional?

iWatch

Seeing Portage and Perry have 300+ team points.... this brings me to ask what is the most amount of team points a team received? From recent search, I saw that Mater Dei had 360 in 02-03. Any team beat that?

Not sure if that 360 total included round of 16 scoring, which we don't include now.

With the current system, 364 points is the max if you got 14 first place kids with 3 forfeits or pins each from the quarterfinals on.  

Portage, Perry, and North Montgomery all went over 300 this year. Not sure if someone else did too.

Edited by maligned

Merrillville and Yorktown also both went over 300. 

Avon scored what has to be one of the highest scores ever for a second place team with 282.5.

If you got all 2nd places while pinning for all your victories, you would have 280. Or you could get all champs but win by all decisions and also only get 280.

Edited by maligned

Jasper and southridge were the only two teams in that sectional to have full teams. I believe 4 of the other 7 teams had less than 8 wrestlers in their lineups. If you want to look at a balanced team, look at the Washington Hatchets from that sectional- 5 wrestlers on the team, 3 sectional champs, one 2nd, and one 3rd. I've gotta give some love to Coaches McPherson and Cissell and my old team :)

But in all serious, you're right. Jasper doesn't have any great kids this year, but they are balanced

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.