3A Team State Qualifying: thru State

maligned

Who said Harrison gets 4 to state??? What does having "a" state champ have to do with Team State?? Turkey Run has had a state champ.....should they be in? I see Harrison getting 3 there next year and 2 past Friday night....not claiming they have a bunch of state placers next year...most likely 2 if things go right! But solid lineup of ticket round talent, that makes for a decent dual match team. Anyone ever hear of the undefeated Miami Dolphins?? Do you know they had the easiest schedule in the NFL that year....know how many playoff teams they played during the season??? The answer is ZERO !! Just saying it is a possibility that Harrison will make a good showing, the numbers show they deserve a chance!! Maybe we should talk about Butler basketball......Cinderella two years in a row.....don't think so....maybe they were for real ??? Sometimes people just know too much!!

Technically, the Dolphins would have had to play 3 playoff teams to go undefeated

I could agree with every weight except 113 and 145. Based on dual result, Harrison wins 113, weight maybe as a major. At 145 Ill give you a major but not the pin, but that match is closer. I see final score 37-28. I should have said likely at 126, didn't mean to offend. But Betourne can be dangerous and think underrated.

I could agree with every weight except 113 and 145. Based on dual result, Harrison wins 113, weight maybe as a major. At 145 Ill give you a major but not the pin, but that match is closer. I see final score 37-28. I should have said likely at 126, didn't mean to offend. But Betourne can be dangerous and think underrated.

I based my result at 113 off of Semi-State and Regional result. One point victory over McCutcheon kid that we beat pretty handily. So not sure where you are basing your result. We got falls at 145 and 152 at the dual, so not sure what makes you believe that would be a closer match if we are using strictly past results. We can go back and forth all off season Coach, you guys had a good year and I expect another one from you guys next year. Hopefully you guys get that vote in bid to showcase what Harrison wrestling is about. Good luck!

Edited by XCard

I based my result at 113 off of Semi-State and Regional result. One point victory over McCutcheon kid that we beat pretty handily. So not sure where you are basing your result. We got falls at 145 and 152 at the dual, so not sure what makes you believe that would be a closer match if we are using strictly past results. We can go back and forth all off season Coach, you guys had a good year and I expect another one from you guys next year. Hopefully you guys get that vote in bid to showcase what Harrison wrestling is about. Good luck!

Sounds like a coach whose team plans on being at team state. Am I reading too much between the lines?

It was posted on another post. I think a NIT would be nice for teams who are looking to go to ihswca but fall short.

I've proposed this idea to multiple people. Take one whole weekend. Team State teams go to the Coliseum. Everywhere else has regional classed tournaments. If Harrison doesn't make it, they wrestle against other 3A teams in their area that didn't make it. 

It would allow all teams participating to have a guaranteed date and it would free us from all other conflicts. 

I've proposed this idea to multiple people. Take one whole weekend. Team State teams go to the Coliseum. Everywhere else has regional classed tournaments. If Harrison doesn't make it, they wrestle against other 3A teams in their area that didn't make it. 

It would allow all teams participating to have a guaranteed date and it would free us from all other conflicts. 

this definitely makes a lot of sense in theory--but then who are the fans for the big show if everyone else is wrestling?

What percentage of fans these last two years have been from non-participating teams? 

I think you could award "regional sites" to different school who are willing to host, and teams could go to any regional site they want, in case they felt like they'd see repeat teams at their local site. It would take some organization but the the Coaches Association would have all summer to fit teams in each location. 

Agreed.  I do

What percentage of fans these last two years have been from non-participating teams? 

I think you could award "regional sites" to different school who are willing to host, and teams could go to any regional site they want, in case they felt like they'd see repeat teams at their local site. It would take some organization but the the Coaches Association would have all summer to fit teams in each location. 

Agreed.  I think a vast majority of the fans would be from the participating schools.  I really like the idea of creating some regional sites.

I pointed this idea out back when the concept of a IHSWCA Team State events first started to get kicked around.  Several people commented that they didn't want to give up going to some already established big local tournament or multi-dual unless it was to attend the State Dual Meet.  I'm not sure how much those feeling have changed, but trying to figure out a particular date that most of the state can work their schedule around would be great.

I pointed this idea out back when the concept of a IHSWCA Team State events first started to get kicked around. Several people commented that they didn't want to give up going to some already established big local tournament or multi-dual unless it was to attend the State Dual Meet. I'm not sure how much those feeling have changed, but trying to figure out a particular date that most of the state can work their schedule around would be great.

I think there's more traction now with the event more fully established. ..I'm hoping we'll head this way too

The IHSAA really needs to join the IHSWCA and add this as an all in type of tournament that doesn't count for the 18 points. Schedule should be 21 or 22 with 2 tournaments like other sports. Class team duals and single class individual tournaments as the 2 not counting in that total. Earning a spot by wrestling duals instead of basing it on individual performance is the only real way to do it. Shifting weights is a major component and it isn't really considered in the current qualifications. Also like to see dual teams defined as teams that can fill 7 or more weight classes as well.

I think it's a great opportunity for Harrison. Especially crider Trey and Myles. I honestly wish they wrestled more matches in the region. It would be nice to see them at the harvest classic or something else

Bring em to the hobart invite. Weekend before sectionals. Looking to expand that tournamentire and make it competitive again.

If you're going to include the IHSAA, I wouldn't push this proposal.

Probably right, but you could possibly make a class for those under that amount. Think it's pointless to have teams compete in something they couldn't win. Even with 7 it would be almost impossible unless they pin every match and have criteria if that's possible.

syracuse%20basketball%203.jpg

Does the "Committee of Power" consider the ability of a team to travel?   Not that im affililiated with a team.   But here's a representation of a pic from the state tournament showing fan support.   You got to sell tickets.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Probably right, but you could possibly make a class for those under that amount. Think it's pointless to have teams compete in something they couldn't win. Even with 7 it would be almost impossible unless they pin every match and have criteria if that's possible.

You're missing the point. The IHSAA is not going to just make up rules for wrestling. The tournament, if it ever happens, will have as many classes as the rules say they should (75% rule) and it will be a random draw, and everyone with a team will participate. 

Does the "Committee of Power" consider the ability of a team to travel? Not that im affililiated with a team. But here's a representation of a pic from the state tournament showing fan support. You got to sell tickets.

The most ironic thing is you still leading with the expression "committee of power" while feigning politicking. I hope people realize it's a group of volunteers that any coach could have joined. And that they've responded with real change to almost every piece of feedback given these first years of the event--and of course don't collect a dime off the hours spent planning, emailing, and meeting. Ok, rant over. Thanks for humoring me, Scholar. I know you don't mean any harm.

Does the "Committee of Power" consider the ability of a team to travel?   Not that im affililiated with a team.   But here's a representation of a pic from the state tournament showing fan support.   You got to sell tickets.

Isn't Columbus East already in? (Sarcastic humor font)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.