Questionable calls?

Jdhomes

Have to say the officiating at Elwood was outstanding. Had to be one of the best crews in the state. Well, except for 2 older guys with glasses that may need a trip to the eye doctor. :-). I kid, I kid! There weren't names in the program but recognized several and a few were new faces to me. Thank you gentlemen!

Have to say the officiating at Elwood was outstanding. Had to be one of the best crews in the state. Well, except for 2 older guys with glasses that may need a trip to the eye doctor. :-). I kid, I kid! There weren't names in the program but recognized several and a few were new faces to me. Thank you gentlemen!

One of those guys has been reffing since Woody Hayes was a coach at Miami of Ohio. :D

One of those guys has been reffing since Woody Hayes was a coach at Miami of Ohio. :D

Interesting thought... Who are the most 'senior' officials still active.  Tonight, I had the chance to re-hydrate with the veteran Jimmy Troyer from North Manchester, IN.  He has been refereeing for as long as I have been alive!  I am pretty old. 

Interesting thought... Who are the most 'senior' officials still active.  Tonight, I had the chance to re-hydrate with the veteran Jimmy Troyer from North Manchester, IN.  He has been refereeing for as long as I have been alive!  I am pretty old. 

You didn't kick him in the head again, did you?

You didn't kick him in the head again, did you?

Ooohhh!  Somebody has been around awhile.  One, if I get my knees as high as his head anymore I need a surgeon.  Two, if he had not called me for stalling in OT it would have never happened.  I couldn't beat the guy I was wrestling, so I did a WWF move on the ref and it worked. For those of you who aren't sure yet... 1994 quarterfinals at 189#'s  You could ask him about it but he doesn't remember... :unsure:

Edited by awood2

For the record, I am familiar with 3 of the 4 at Memorial today.  The 2 of those 3 have not done a state finals yet, but IMO are due.  Adam T. and Lars S. have proven their consistency and have refereed many tournaments that I think would qualify them for the state level.  The 4th certainly proved himself today in what can be a very challenging environment for officials.  Veteran coaches, knowledgeable fans, and evenly matched wrestlers can make for a very volatile mix for some officials.  This crew went unnoticed for much of the day.  You can't ask for much more.

#PainRV 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.