Sectional Upsets and Notable Wins!

navy80

LC

Reid Seymour, Chatard, dec. LC's Datrion Vaughn 6-2

Semis

Bailey, Cath all over Smith, LC 7-0. Really controlled all positions

Consolations

Big upset

Ernesto Palomin, Indiana school of the deaf 15-14 over NC senior Justice Dickenson (31-5)

Edited by Dingo Brigade

Evansville Central  #1, #2 and #3 seeds @ 160 go down in the semifinals.  MD's Macartney Parkinson (25-5) pinned #1 Princeton's Chase Wilson (30-3) and Ev. North's Shawn Coane (19-8) pinned both #3 North Posey's Colton Gamblin (28-11) and #2 Pike Central's Colton O'Neal (34-4).

My question is how often does one get the opportunity to pin 2 Colton's in one day?

Edited by SWINfan

Not sure how big of an upset Rickie Clark was over Brett Henson was, but the fact it won the Sectional for Brownsburg has to make it one of the biggest wins of the day!

great match... but please don't put it all on one match or kid. A number of things could have went a different way to make a difference. Two top hwts getting after it. Brett just came up short (as others did too). Great day of wrestling. Hats off to Brownsburg and #TheCounty wrestling as a whole. Edited by Mattyb

Big upset

Ernesto Palomin, Indiana school of the deaf 15-14 over NC senior Justice Dickenson (31-5)

Wow...I saw this one. Track says 16-15 in favor of the Indiana Deaf kid. Dickenson the semi-state qualifier from last year goes down. Palomin then comes back down to earth and loses 10-7 in the 3/4 match to Stewart of Cathedral and his 12-14 record.

Elkhart Sectional: Central 182, Northridge 180, Jimtown 177

Congrats to Elkhart Central for winning the Sectional for the first time since 1989.  This tournament was decided on the very final HWT match.  I know many of the kids on the team personally.  This is a very good group of nice kids.  Huge kudos to the coaching staff.  This group has come a long way from when they started.  I knew Central would have an effect on the outcome, but many of us in the stands were amazed how the day unfolded.  

As a fan, referee, and coach this was the best tournament I have ever watched.  Every match was important from start to finish. I made a comment about 2 Jimtown vs. Northridge matches in the first round that I thought could be key in the long run.  At the start of the final round the top 5 teams were separated by 12 points.  The final 4 shuffled thru the whole final round.  My first impression is that the 5/6 place matches had a profound impact on the final score.  It was a treat to watch.

Hats off to all the teams who competed.  IMO, every school in this sectional currently has built a program.  Jimtown, Goshen, Northridge, Memorial, Central have been consistent for years and years.  Fairfield, Concord, and Northwood are just starting to build some momentum.  Overall, $5 was a deal for kind of wrestling that was on display today.

Goshen Regional could be even more entertaining!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.