Yoder(FF)

Contreras(Gosh)

Jacobs(NR)

I think the team race will be very close

Jimtown

Northridge

Elkhart Central

Elkhart Memorial

Congrats to Elkhart Central for winning the Sectional for the first time since 1989.  This tournament was decided on the very final HWT match.  I know many of the kids on the team personally.  This is a very good group of nice kids.  Huge kudos to the coaching staff.  This group has come a long way from when they started.  I knew Central would have an effect on the outcome, but many of us in the stands were amazed how the day unfolded.  

As a fan, referee, and coach this was the best tournament I have ever watched.  Every match was important from start to finish. I made a comment about 2 Jimtown vs. Northridge matches in the first round that I thought could be key in the long run.  At the start of the final round the top 5 teams were separated by 12 points.  The final 4 shuffled thru the whole final round.  My first impression is that the 5/6 place matches had a profound impact on the final score.  It was a treat to watch.

Hats off to all the teams who competed.  IMO, every school in this sectional currently has built a program.  Jimtown, Goshen, Northridge, Memorial, Central have been consistent for years and years.  Fairfield, Concord, and Northwood are just starting to build some momentum.  Overall, $5 was a deal for kind of wrestling that was on display today.

Goshen Regional could be even more entertaining!!!

As pathetic as it is, I couldn't be there today on acount of work, but I was sneaking peaks on track every chance I could get and it kept me on my toes the whole way through. The top 4 were preeettyy close, as usual Northwood and Fairfield had some great individuals, Memorial is a bit down this year but I think they turn it around, and Concord seems to be improving. Plus this sectional has been one with the least amount of forfeit the last few years straight now. I'd say a lot of these programs are on the right track.

As pathetic as it is, I couldn't be there today on acount of work, but I was sneaking peaks on track every chance I could get and it kept me on my toes the whole way through. The top 4 were preeettyy close, as usual Northwood and Fairfield had some great individuals, Memorial is a bit down this year but I think they turn it around, and Concord seems to be improving. Plus this sectional has been one with the least amount of forfeit the last few years straight now. I'd say a lot of these programs are on the right track.

Caleb, all of Elkhart County is working Saturdays right now.  Memorial had some stellar champs; not down at all.  This whole county has wrestling on the brain right now.  The fan base from every school was outstanding.  Jimtown brought a bus full of hammers.  They put on a show today.  The Baugo Bad Boys clearly have the whole community behind them.  You guys are YOUNG and MEAN.  Jimtown is in the hunt for the Goshen regional for sure.  Same is true for Northridge, Goshen, Northwood, Central, Memorial, Fairfield...

#PainRV

Class A tour bus of hammers is coming down US 33 next week to make some noise in Goshen next week!  And if they run out of ice cream before the 3rd round this year I am gonna have an out-of-body experience.  C'mon Redhawks!

Edited by awood2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.