Tulsa Nationals

Sig40

35 Indiana wrestlers competed this weekend at Tulsa Nationals, with 11 of them placing.  This tournament is said to be the toughest youth tournament in the country.  Definitely up there with Super 32, Ohio Tournament of Champions, and USA Nationals.  This tournament only places top 6.

Sam Rioux-- 6U-37lbs-5th place

Nate Rioux-- 10U-55lbs-5th place

Revin Dickman-- 10U-58lbs- CHAMPION

Seth Syra-- 10U-61lbs-6th place

KT Nelson-- 12U-84lbs-5th place

Brody Baumann-- 12U-88lbs-6th place

John Purdy-- 12U-100lbs-6th place

Jesse Mendez-- 15U-97lbs- CHAMPION

Blake Boarman-- 15U-110lbs-6th place  (Moran defeated Boarman 3-1 in semi finals)

Jacob Moran-- 15U-110lbs-3rd place

Scott Fitts-- 15U-137lbs-6th place

Edited by Sig40

Tulsa Nationals is  always a TUFF tournament. Congratulations to all the Indiana boys that participated.

Huge Accomplishment to the three that came home with them BIG EAGLE TROPHIES!

Revin Dickman    CHAMPION

Jesse Mendez      CHAMPION

Jacob Moran        3rd Place

Is Moran related to the two Morans at Portage?

I am assuming these are all 8th graders and will make an immediate impact in HS.

Jesse Mendez-- 15U-97lbs- CHAMPION

Blake Boarman-- 15U-110lbs-6th place(Moran defeated Boarman 3-1 in semi finals)

Jacob Moran-- 15U-110lbs-3rd place

Scott Fitts-- 15U-137lbs-6th place

Did anyone watch the Boarman vs Moran match?

No score after the first period.  2nd period Blake escapes in 6 seconds, towards the end of the period Jacob hits a slide by and catches a leg but Blake gets out of bounds, the ref calls fleeing and gives Jacob a point.  1-1 going into the 3rd and Jacob picks bottom.  Blake rides him out the entire period, but picks up a stall warning.  1st OT no score, but Jacob pushes Blake out of bounds 3 times.  2nd OT Blake picks bottom and was hit with a fleeing or stall point and then does not escape.  2-1 Moran going into the 3rd OT,  Jacob picks bottom and Blake gives him the point and stands him up.  Blake attempts several shots but was unable to get a takedown in 30 seconds ending the match with 3-1 score in Moran's favor. 

Edited by Sig40

Jacob Moran is the Sophomore, not sure where he attends school. Jesse Mendez is a 7th grade student, so 2 years before his impact is felt. 

You're ridiculous! You know exactly what school he attends and has been attending the entire 2016-2017 school year. You've been involved in multiple other threads about this issue. But, keep trying to create controversy were there is none.

As for navy80's legitimate question, Jacob Moran is the sophomore brother from Portage.

I knew he was attending Portage at some point, someone stated dad may take him to Illinois, wasn't sure if it happened. I know nothing about his current status as far as school attendance, which was the reason for my uncertainty. So in summation, you're wrong, I didn't/don't know where he goes to school, and I've been called worse than ridiculous, so I'm ok with that

[quote name="grapplegirl" post="236619" timestamp"

As for navy80's legitimate question, Jacob Moran is the sophomore brother from Portage.

Thanks! I didn't realize it was the high school Moran. He finished 8th in state last year at 106 I think. Good to see him wrestling when the ihsaa said no....

And big props to borman for keeping it close with Moran.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.