Trivia question - Lowest scoring dual meet ever?

greco165

In 2004 or 2005, HSE beat Carmel 21-20.  All 14 matches were decisions.  Carmel lost a team point when a wrestler's spandex shorts extended past his singlet leg during his match.

Do you happen to have any links to the results?  I tried googling it and nothing came up.  The dual I am thinking of scored a few more points (46 with no lost team points).

No electronic results that I know of.  I was coaching for Carmel, and Cale Hoover was coaching for HSE.  Neither of us are at those schools anymore, so we don't have access to the old scorebooks (if either still exist).

It was just a very memorable dual.  I believe it was the first time HSE had ever beaten Carmel.  HSE wrestled great, Carmel had a few 7-point wins but no bonus points, and a heavily favored Carmel wrestler lost on a last second takedown.  Throw in the team point deduction for a rule that was eliminated a couple years later, and it's easy to remember that meet.

Wow, I'm shocked, thanks for the info.  Sounds like it's verified since both coaches remember it so distinctly.  For years I thought it was the matchup at 2001 team state between Mishawaka and Yorktown that ended 24-22 (1 tech and 2 majors).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.