145 - Meggison, Dyson, Teeter

152 - Evans, France, Mckinley

160 - Moore, Gilbreath, Ford

170 - Moore, Rader, Baker

182 - Cressell, Walters, Adams

195 - Sedwick, Charles, Sammons

220 - Silvers, Beavers, Ramirez

285 - Bowman, Clark, Jones

Since I coach in the conference I won't give my picks top to bottom but I did have some fun putting together a "preview" if you will of this Saturday's action!

106 - Trey Sturgill from Peru is having a very good freshman season for the tigers and will be tough to stop this weekend in North Miami. The 2nd seed is from North Miami and the 3rd seed from Rochester are both freshman with almost identical records (18-8 and 18-9) and that match in the semis should be a good one to see who will get to see Sturgill.

113 - Peru's Anderson is at the top of the bracket at this point and looks to be the favorite. Anderson was the 2016 TRC Champ at 113 so he knows what it's like to be on top of the podium. The 2nd seed from Rochester was 3rd at 106 last year and I'm sure would like to improve that position this year but will have to get past the very strong youngster from Wabash Braden Brooks who will stop at nothing to battle his way to the top.

120 - Some may not agree with me but I think 120 is very wide open at this year's TRC meet. First seeded Logan Busz from Whitko will have a tough time getting through freshman Barnett (who has the most wins on the season of anyone in the bracket) in the semi's. TV's 2nd seeded Bandow and Wabash's 3rd seeded Goodwin will go at in the lower part of the bracket with both having the ability to win that match! I'll be cliché here and say it will boil down to "who wants it more".

126 - Red hot youngster Levi Cunningham from Peru tops off this tough bracket at 126. Before he can be crowned champ he will likely have to face the battle tested Kasey Deardorff of NM who has won the Three Rivers Conference twice already in as many tries and is VERY determined to go for a third on his way to being a 4 time TRC Champ. Kasey's semis match will be a fun one to watch as Mathias of Manchester is a very tough kid who will work his butt off to dethrone the veteran Warrior and punch his ticket to the finals.

132 - Wyatt Fletcher was a TRC finalist in 2016 and is having a great season this year. Bullock from Mac will likely be his finals opponent and that county rivalry will be one to watch for sure!

138 - Top seeded Peru's Kitner is the only senior in this bracket and is definitely battle tested. You won't want to miss the 2nd seed from Rochester and Northfield's 3rd seeded Miller's match in the semi's. These two wrestled a great match last weekend and neither will be interested in losing this one! This finals match should be a good one as well.

145 - Manchester's top seeded Meggison is a very hard working kid and will go, go, go until he's at the top of that TRC podium. Dyson from NM has been around the block and knows how to win. After a tough 2nd round match with Kennedy (who is a prior TRC finalist and could shake things up)could see his way into what could be a very good finals match with Meggison.

152 - Northfield's senior Layne Evans is 25-1 and is hell bent on winning a TRC title in his final season for the Norse. Layne will probably face a familiar foe in Manchester's France (a 2016 SS Qualifier) in the finals who will battle Evans until the whistle. That will be a great match for sure.

160 - Manchester's super sophomore Delton Moore is a BEAST. I can't say his wins this class easily as the 3rd seeded Ford is a defending sectional champ and SS qualifier and is out for revenge after getting pinned by Moore in their last outing. To get his chance though Ford will beat 2nd seeded Gilbreath from Rochester who put a whipping on Ford last weekend and that rematch is one to look forward to. Fun weight class to watch for sure.

170 - If I got my way (and I won't ha ha) this finals match, which will likely be Jordan Rader of Peru and Quinten Moore of Manchester would be the LAST match of the day... the MAIN EVENT so to speak! I don't want to dismiss everyone else in this bracket as there are some good kids at this weight, but these two are really at another level here...they are both ranked highly in the semi state and both have full intentions on wrestling at the BANK in Indy in a month. These guys both won a TRC title a year ago and neither are interested in giving up their crown. In there last outing Rader came out victorious and I know Mr. Moore very well and he has thought about that rematch at likely every practice and match since then. This finals match is definitely the ONE TO WATCH!

182 - The big Apache Noah Cressell from Wabash is a MONSTER...no other way to describe him. Strong as they come at this weight and has the speed and the determination to match it. The semis match between the super strong Knight Adams and Whitko's Walters will be a great match to watch for sure, but the winner will have to have the match of his career to beat Noah.

195 - At 26-1, Sedwick of Mac is the favorite by far. Samons and Charles, the 2nd and 3rd seeds respectively, have wrestled a couple times and will have a good battle to determines who sees the Battling Brave in the finals.

220 - The top two seeds in this bracket are very familiar foes. Bevers of SW the top seed and Ramirez of Manchester the 2 seed have wrestled each other at HWT last year and now at 220 this year. Ramirez will have his hands full with the 3rd seeded Silvers of Mac who is also a sophomore and boasts an almost identical record as the big Squire. With the top three records in this class being 23-8, 21-7 and 23-8 it's hard to argue that this weight class is another one of those wide open "who wants it" brackets! I can't want to see the answer to that!

285 - The big Zebra Dan Clark looks to be poised to repeat his TRC Championship performance from a year ago. He and Jones of Peru and again familiar foes and wrestled a very very close match last weekend where Clark barely came out on top! Don't count out Bowman from Mac who will be looking to earn his way to the finals when he sees Jones in the semis. That will be a great match as well.

This was fun to write, which is why I do it. Remember my previews are purely for entertainment purposes only! Enjoy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.