Washington v Hoopeston tonight in WL?

oldfat119

So i see on Twitter that tonight at Purduev IU at Mackey Madness that these  2   Illinois schools are wrestling.  I see on Illinois Mat Men's web site that Washington is #1 in 2A  with quite a few high ranked wrestlers,  Hoopeston has 1 high ranked and few on the board. Gezzhhh  Washington is almost 3 hours away.  So  my question is,  wouldn't it create ALOT more buzz if there were 2 IN highly ranked teams competing in WL inside of Mackey Arena? Or does anyone have incite about schedule conflict? OR is PU recruiting someone?  Im going to try to make it,  but I would dif make a better attempt if it were say Brownsburg/Washington,  BB any top 20 IN team.    

Portage and Penn were supposed to wrestle before the Indiana vs. Purdue match tonight. However, there is an IHSAA rule where college teams cannot profit from a high school event. Thus....they could not do this.

I know at Jeffersonville they had a college dual that was supposed to be alongside the high school dual. Instead they had to have the high school dual, then CLEAR the gym, then have the college dual as they needed to be two separate events basically.

It depends on if Purdue is wrestling as well if they are not and the competing school is in the distance requirement it could happen.

My guess is they are recruiting someone on that team or have a connection with the coaches and this is a dual they already have a contract for that they could get at Mackey. 

Lot of moving parts with schedules but who knows I know we would be down to clown at mackey against a top school form out of state...hell even in state. 

Ok  thanks for the inside skinny,  i should have known the ole IHSAA would have a finger in stirring  the soup.  Man that would have been a Great dual to see in WL, so much for promoting our great sport even more.  Maybe they are looking at this kid

1 Jacob Warner Sr,    Washington,    4th at Iron Man,   State 1-182 (16); 1-170 (15); 2-160 (14)     1-CGR (15); 1-CFS (15); 5-CGR (14); 5-CFS (14)

Edited by oldfat119

Ok thanks for the inside skinny, i should have known the ole IHSAA would have a finger in stirring the soup. Man that would have been a Great dual to see in WL, so much for promoting our great sport even more. Maybe they are looking at this kid

1 Jacob Warner Sr, Washington, 4th at Iron Man, State 1-182 (16); 1-170 (15); 2-160 (14) 1-CGR (15); 1-CFS (15); 5-CGR (14); 5-CFS (14)

Purdue was on his short list but I think he ended up committing to Iowa

LOL      

i didn't even have the heart to bring it up,,,  lol    I did see that Warner is #1 in the country and going to Iowa.  Would have been a good dual with Brownsburg.  Does anyone have the results.  (blow out I'm sure)

Edited by oldfat119

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.