DAC

ontherise219

This weekend is the DAC always some great wrestling. Will any of the teams be able to catch portage?

No

1st Portage

2nd Chesterton

3rd Crown Point

4th Merrillville

5th Lake Central

6th Valparaiso

7th Laporte

8th Michigan City

Edited by McWrastlePants

I put Merrillville at 2

Merrillville came to our place last night and absolutley smashed us 69-6.  We forfieted 106 and113 and our 170 was out but that wouldnt have made a difference, they came in there with a purpose and put on a pinning marathon.  if it had not been for our backup 170 getting the pin it would have been the first time we were shut out in a dual in LC history,,,,,,,,,,,,not one of our proudest moments

Your probably right, even though the same guys will be out, we should win at 52 and 95, 82 should hopefully be a good one. Based off years past though Portage doesnt wrestle their full varisty lineup so if we get shut out we have serious problems.  I will say we have done about what I have expected this year with 9 soph, 1 freshman in the lineup and 9 out of those 10 being first year varsity wrestlers.

seeding meeting last year took about 30 minutes, took laporte and chesterton longer to drive there 

Your probably right, even though the same guys will be out, we should win at 52 and 95, 82 should hopefully be a good one. Based off years past though Portage doesnt wrestle their full varisty lineup so if we get shut out we have serious problems.  I will say we have done about what I have expected this year with 9 soph, 1 freshman in the lineup and 9 out of those 10 being first year varsity wrestlers.

seeding meeting last year took about 30 minutes, took laporte and chesterton longer to drive there 

You'll be okay coach.  You have good coaches and good guys in your room.  Being right on the border with IL though...you could be in a pickle with some top tier talent being recruited away from you.

Not just IL it appears...LOL. Go Look West East young man. (Sarcasm Font).

LOL.  Nice!

Mt. Carmel will continue to get plenty of talented Indiana kids, like it or not.  Why shouldn't they though?  The level of exposure kids will get in their program, especially without travel/recruiting restrictions isn't comparable to "most" Indiana programs. 

LOL.  Nice!

Mt. Carmel will continue to get plenty of talented Indiana kids, like it or not.  Why shouldn't they though?  The level of exposure kids will get in their program, especially without travel/recruiting restrictions isn't comparable to "most" Indiana programs. 

Can you provide me with the name of an Indiana kid that attended Mt. Carmel, who that got more exposure and was provided a better opportunity in college than they would have had at their home school? 

Can you provide me with the name of an Indiana kid that attended Mt. Carmel, who that got more exposure and was provided a better opportunity in college than they would have had at their home school?

I have a feeling that with the pipeline in place that runs from Calumet HS to Mt. Carmel, many area head coaches will be able to give some names in the near future, if they can't already.

Edited by throw45

Maybe I think it opens the door for kids in the region. But I don't think Indiana limits your ability to be recruited. At least it hasn't hurt kids in the recent years from Indiana red lee's micic.

Your tourneys on the national level in the summer still give you more exposer

The coaches will hate eachother even more before the first whistle!

Lezzzbihonest I pretty much hate all of the DAC coaches anyway. Especially that Davistein fella. I am honestly surprised that no one has put any projections other than team standings. Lots of great wrestling to be had tomorrow.

There is a list based on IndianaMat Rankings by the one and only OTR219

State Rank/Semi State Rank

106:

Ty Haskins NR/3rd

Martin Cruz NR/5th

Danny Tolin NR/6th

113:

Brock Peele 11/3

Jacob Maldonado NR/5th

Sebastian Cortez NR/8th

120:

Colin Poynter 5/1

Skyler Gomez NR/7

Kaellin Kelly NR/8

126:

Michael DeLaPeña 4/1 (Forgot this guy on the first one. I blame Paul)

Ian Dembowski 15/5

132:

Jack Tolin 8/2

Miguel Prado 14/4

Ahzsur Ursery NR/5

138:

Kris Rumph 3/2

Aaron Griggs NR/8

145:

Kasper McIntosh 1/2

Malik Hoover 10/4

Mario Traficanti 14/3

152:

Noah Lamore 11/4

Greg Lictenberger NR/5

Quinn Kaurich NR/7

160:

Oszkar Kasch 4/1

Diego Lemley 6/2

Drake Guerrero 11/3

Mike Lichtenberger NR/7

170:

Ismael Cornejo 11/4

Cade Girgenti NR/8

182:

Lucas Davison 3/1

Jeremy Torres 9/2

Joey Szydlo NR/4

Tyjonn Lockett NR/5

Ethan Potosky NR/6

195:

Andrew Davison 3/1

Aaron Corralez 14/3

Anthony Maceo NR/7

220:

Justin Akers 5/2

Eli Pokorney 7/1

Andrew Vander Woude NR/4

Chester Swopes NR/5

285:

Brandon Streck 10/2

Gio Murillo 15/3

Michael Foster NR/6

Edited by leggin89

LOL.  Nice!

I hear MC is going to PowerAde next year and are looking to get into the Ironman as well.

I was actually being sarcastic sportsfan, I think there's plenty of great coaches and great programs in our communities here in NW Indiana. Plenty of off season exposure can be gotten regardless of what school you attend also. IL programs, especially parochial ones, do have an edge in scheduling though. Selfishly, I wish the RWA guys would have taken over an Indiana program instead of heading across the border. The region is weakened from a scholastic standpoint that's for sure. Weren't the Griffith and Crown Point jobs open at the same time as the Mt Carmel job?

I just disagree that going there makes that big of a difference with regard to exposure. Doing well on the national scene is just as effective. Howe, Micic, Hughes, Escobedo, and the Tsirtsis brothers all did well staying in Indiana. Going over the border to Mt. Carmel would get them higher leverage matches and probably a few more losses, but those I mentioned would have met their full potential regardless of where they went to school.

Maybe I think it opens the door for kids in the region. But I don't think Indiana limits your ability to be recruited. At least it hasn't hurt kids in the recent years from Indiana red lee's micic.

Your tourneys on the national level in the summer still give you more exposer

Strongly agree. Admittedly, I've had my eyes open wide and continue to do my research regarding D1 recruiting pertaining to wrestling. A sport I've fell in love with the past 4 yrs, but prior to had just enough "know-how" to unknowingly embarrass myself by stressing the importance of my son hitting a headlock every match Edited by Perseverance

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.