When will someone get 4 champs in a year again?

maligned

Yes, they said this when our kids was in Elementary Champions, Middle School Champions, Youth National Wrestling Champions and All-Americans . Goals Fellas , GOALS ! Our kids have been Goal Crushers back then and they're going to Crush your way of thinking of them . You may not see yet, maybe your new to Indiana Wrestling, I don't know. I'd would wake up and embrace this #newera of wrestling that's going to take Indiana by storm. Their Time is Coming , like it or not . ! IT'S COMING !

Throw in a couple improper uses of the word "brother," remind me to eat my vitamins and I would swear I was listening to Hulk Hogan.  

I also like how you're stepping up your game with the increased usage of CAPS in addition to your #hashtag usage. Those are GOALS I can believe in, Brother,

#hashtagsnevergetold 

Yes, they said this when our kids was in Elementary Champions, Middle School Champions, Youth National Wrestling Champions and All-Americans . Goals Fellas , GOALS ! Our kids have been Goal Crushers back then and they're going to Crush your way of thinking of them . You may not see yet, maybe your new to Indiana Wrestling, I don't know. I'd wake up and embrace this #newera of wrestling that's going to take Indiana by storm. Their Time is Coming , like it or not . ! IT'S COMING !

Avon is so good I don't even know why the rest of the state has a team. They are probably the sole reason wrestling numbers are down state-wide - because everyone knows that next year Avon will win all 14 championships. I wonder if they could send their JV team and their freshmen team to a few other states and win there too.

This isn't a knock on Avon, it's just a little tiring hearing over and over and over how wrestling starts and ends in Hendricks County.

Edited by grappleapple

Avon is so good I don't even know why the rest of the state has a team. They are probably the sole reason wrestling numbers are down state-wide - because everyone knows that next year Avon will win all 14 championships. I wonder if they could send their JV team and their freshmen team to a few other states and win there too.

This isn't a knock on Avon, it's just a little tiring hearing over and over and over how wrestling starts and ends in Hendricks County.

It can not be worse than hearing the Region pound its chest every year.  I figure that if you wish to put your team out there, be prepared to prove it, or prepared to hear about not living up to "potential." 

it's just a little tiring hearing over and over and over how wrestling starts and ends in Hendricks County.

Science suggests civilization began between the banks of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. It's a proven fact Indiana wrestling excels along the banks of the Calumet River (yes, it's sarcasm).   

Edited by vito pepperelli

This is an extremely new thing, let them have their fun.

That's the thing... it's just fun. Are we proud of the kids and what we are building?... sure. But at the end of the day it's nothing. The vast majority of the kids don't know about this board or the bs that we all write on here. Please don't take what we post that seriously. Like I said before, we are all trying to chase the success of the region guys. If you are truly troubled about all the talk and branding.... then that's messed up. One thing is certain, each weight class is going to have one champ, and no matter where they are from #TheCounty will be there to congratulate each one. Build a brand and make things interesting... that's it.

I said "finalists" not Champions.  Unless that just happens to be the same answer, which it very well could be.  

Although the 49' Bloomington Team wasn't listed on Maligned's original post as the most Champions either.  I'm guessing that would be since that was right after WWII when the IHSAA didn't sponsor an official tournament, so not all school were entered.

True...I wouldn't know where to find results for '44-'49 when the tournament wasn't sponsored by the IHSAA.  The record of 5 in 1950 was from the IHSAA events.

Ahhhh man..... The Hate is real for #TheCounty. Sorry you feel this way .

Considering Avon has the most new sessions(aka new site visits) to the website after Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and Evansville I think there are more kids at Avon that see it than you'd imagine.

Actually... we pump this site at club, and tell people to support it. That may have something to do with the increased volume.

Heck... my mom called me asking about rankings yesterday. It's helping us get people more vested and interested in our sport.

Edited by Mattyb

That's the thing... it's just fun. Are we proud of the kids and what we are building?... sure. But at the end of the day it's nothing. The vast majority of the kids don't know about this board or the bs that we all write on here. Please don't take what we post that seriously. Like I said before, we are all trying to chase the success of the region guys. If you are truly troubled about all the talk and branding.... then that's messed up. One thing is certain, each weight class is going to have one champ, and no matter where they are from #TheCounty will be there to congratulate each one. Build a brand and make things interesting... that's it.

Fair enough. Well said. No disrespect intended.

As #TotallyAnnoying as Avon touters can be, I can't really blame them for it.... they already have a solid, young high school team with plenty of top-level middle school kids getting ready to move in. They're going to be pretty dang tough to beat two years from now.

You mean move UP, rather than IN, right? ;)

I think that it will be much harder to have 4 champs now, due to the easier access of higher level technique and work out partners than the past. This alone levels the playing field.

If Cathedral ever assembles their all star recruits, maybe it will be next.

Public school...not likely.

Edited by Mat Shark

I think that it will be much harder to have 4 champs now, due to the easier access of higher level technique and work out partners than the past. This alone levels the playing field.

If Cathedral ever assembles their all star recruits, maybe it will be next.

Public school...not likely.

It's hard to say it's not likely when Brownsburg, a public school, has 4 underclassmen ranked #1 right now. It will take a perfect couple of days for them all to win this year, but they'll be that much better next year too. They've got a shot for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.