Columbus East

Floyd Central

Jeffersonville

Jennings County

Madison Consolidated

New Albany

Seymour

According to the seeds:

• Columbus East take the win with 12 seeded to make the finals.
  • Floyd Central seeded as the Runner-Up on the strength of several top 4 placers.
  • The big battle looks to be for 3rd place between Jeffersonville, Jennings County, and Seymour who are all seeded within a couple points of each other.
  • The dark-horse for a top half placement is New Albany. They have the potential to sneak in if their team show up to score placement points like it did at the Jeff Classic.

As usual there are plenty of great individual match ups that will provide a preview of the Jeffersonville Regional, plus seed implication for the Jennings Co and Jeffersonville Sectional.

Edited by MattM

Best part of conference will be JC's hospitality room. Coach Jones and his gang always go all out!

Sadly no 3B for the first time in many, many, many years!

With TripleB absence JC has allowed each team to bring three extra coaches into hospitality room to make up the difference.

#firstpostof the16-17season

Edited by tskin

Word is HHC is postponed due to the weather coming in and will be moved to Sat. Jan. 21st. Guess we have another week to see where things are. And hope TripleB doesn't raid the hospitality room on that date.

This meet should not have been postponed so early ..start time should have been adjusted later.. sounds like that was suggested but it was decided to go ahead and cancel the meet instead .

This meet should not have been postponed so early ..start time should have been adjusted later.. sounds like that was suggested but it was decided to go ahead and cancel the meet instead .

Well Jennings County tend to have travel problems any time there is even a slight weather issue. So while it never got quite cold enough to turn to rain into ice I can see JC administration making the decision based on last night reports. I also agree that it was a little premature and could have been pushed back, but we are looking at things after the fact too. Several other Saturday events were canceled or postponed in this part of the state, so JC wasn't the only one that got it wrong. At least they errored on the side of safety even if it ended up being the wrong call. If it's any consolation JC also had their Saturday night basketball games canceled too due to travel concerns, so they weren't playing favorites.

Edited by MattM

Brackets are out http://www.trackwres...entId=249796009

Bedford North Lawrence

Columbus East

Floyd Central

Jeffersonville

Jennings County

Madison Consolidated

New Albany

Seymour

According to the seeds:

• Columbus East take the win with 12 seeded to make the finals.
  • Floyd Central seeded as the Runner-Up on the strength of several top 4 placers.
  • The big battle looks to be for 3rd place between Jeffersonville, Jennings County, and Seymour who are all seeded within a couple points of each other.
  • The dark-horse for a top half placement is New Albany. They have the potential to sneak in if their team show up to score placement points like it did at the Jeff Classic.

As usual there are plenty of great individual match ups that will provide a preview of the Jeffersonville Regional, plus seed implication for the Jennings Co and Jeffersonville Sectional.

What are everyone's predictions for the top wrestlers in each weight ?

It actually annotates a Q for qualified weigh-in.  I have a kid who was at 126 went up to 132 then was trying to go back down, exceeded the 1.5% and did not get a Q annotation for that weigh in.  He already has 6 qualified weigh ins at 126.

I'm pretty sure that the program we enter the weight into is only looking for you being at or above the minimum weight as stated on your alpha weigh in. So as long as you are above that weight it's qualifying according to the program even though it might not be according to the rule.
So if your minimum weight is 125, and you go 125.4, 130, then back to 125.9 I think they would all be qualifying according to the program because I don't think it takes the 1.5%into account, it just looks for you being above that minimum weight. Anyone know if I'm correct or not on that?

It actually annotates a Q for qualified weigh-in. I have a kid who was at 126 went up to 132 then was trying to go back down, exceeded the 1.5% and did not get a Q annotation for that weigh in. He already has 6 qualified weigh ins at 126.

I think you are on the wrong topic , I believe this is intended for the weight discussion ..

Should be a funny tourney I know a lot of teams have been sick

106 Hunter over Spears

113 Antunez over Meyers

120 Rooks over Ruddick

126 Rooks over Gohl

132 Combest over shuffitt

138 Selmer over schoenegee

145 Wathen over Pollitt

152 Foster over Davidson

160 Wilson over Beineke

170 Mosley over fuller

182 Sooner over haulser

195 Philpot over smith

220 Sheckles over McClanahan

285 Sutton over Sorg

Honestly think the team race with been close between East and Floyd but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Or NA kept it close for 2nd.

It should be a good tourney

106 pichardo

Spears

113. Rooks

Antumez

120. Ruddick

Skirvin

126. Rooks

Craig

132. Combest

Dowell

138. Schoenesse

Sellmer

I will share my 145-285 later ..

Little Rooks is at 120 and Dowell will not be wrestling tomorrow Edited by RichardMowery

and Dowell will not be wrestling tomorrow

Last word I heard was that he was going to be added in to the brackets as a replacement for a NA wrestler. That is unless you have more recent information.

Last word I heard was that he was going to be added in to the brackets as a replacement for a NA wrestler. That is unless you have more recent information.

no he will not be wrestling tomorrow and neither will Day.

Can that happen after the brackets are out ? Postponed ?

Yes they can be changed all the way up to weigh ins

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.