Jay County Regional Picks

DelCo

Seeing as this regional seems to produce most of the placers out of the Fort Wayne Semi State due to having Yorktown and Bellmont (plus other pretty good schools), who do you guys have making it out or even onto state? I know a few picks are obvious such as Laughlin or Curtis

Well this was just placers. This isn't qualifiers. If qualifiers were shown, I'm sure the regional would have the most.

You said state placers. 

Regional-Qualifiers-Placers

Jay County- 91--47
Goshen- 76--36
Carroll- 72--25
Peru- 41--11

If you also want some stats, the Jay County 2nd placers run into the champion from the Peru regional 42 times from 2009-2015, while the other regional's 2nd placers ran into the Peru champion 28 times each(56 times). On top of that the 2nd placers from Peru ran into the Jay County champion 42 times. Thus if Peru is really the weaker regional, it has made it a lot easier for Jay County to qualify their champions and runner-ups.

If you also want some stats, the Jay County 2nd placers run into the champion from the Peru regional 42 times from 2009-2015, while the other regional's 2nd placers ran into the Peru champion 28 times each(56 times). On top of that the 2nd placers from Peru ran into the Jay County champion 42 times. Thus if Peru is really the weaker regional, it has made it a lot easier for Jay County to qualify their champions and runner-ups.

Interesting stat. How are the regionals/SS drawn? Is is allegedly random, as this would not seem to fit a random generated stat outcome? Maligned can explain, I'm sure.....

My bad, I meant semi state placers. However thank you for all the stats! Also so does that mean the Peru regional is in-turn weaker or just bad luck with running into the Jay County Regional champs/runner ups?

You can draw your own conclusions on Peru being the weakest or not.

BUT, let's say Peru, Goshen, and Carroll are just merely average regionals and let's say that Jay County is above average. If that is true then the Peru regional's numbers would be affected greatly by having to go through the toughest regional with their 2nd placers and even their champs(43% of the time). Even if Peru is just below average they would have a harder time qualifying if their top 2 guys have a higher percentage of going through a Jay County top guy.

If I had to guess I'd say Jay County has the most champs and 2nd placers qualify for state, while Carroll has the most 3rds and Goshen 4ths.

Interesting stat. How are the regionals/SS drawn? Is is allegedly random, as this would not seem to fit a random generated stat outcome? Maligned can explain, I'm sure.....

There are 10 different bracket scenarios available.

From 2009-2015(haven't done 2016) only 7 bracket combinations have been used, all twice in a random order. 

The regional multiplier isn't meant to determine which sectional and regional has the most top end kids, it is meant to determine the overall strength of the regional based on all of the teams in the regional, not just the top end teams.

Most years the Carroll regional has had many more mid level teams than the jay county regional.

So it kind of looked like this-

Jay County

Top End teams

Yorktown

Belmont

Mid level

AC

Jay county.

Muncie central.

Delta.

South Adams.

Carroll

Top end

Carroll

Mid level

Columbia city

Busco

Garrett

Dwenger

Leo

Snider

New haven

Homestead

Woodlan

Huntington north

Usual a random FW school

Edited by buscowrestling

The last five years this is the number of placers by school in the Jay County regional

Yorktown- 22
Jay County- 5
South Adams- 5
Muncie Southside- 4
Bellmont- 3
Delta- 3
Adams Central- 2
Southern Wells- 1
Bluffton- 1
Daleville- 1

Still saddens me that Muncie Southside is no longer a high school.....

The regional multiplier isn't meant to determine which sectional and regional has the most top end kids, it is meant to determine the overall strength of the regional based on all of the teams in the regional, not just the top end teams.

Most years the Carroll regional has had many more mid level teams than the jay county regional.

So it kind of looked like this-

Jay County

Top End teams

Yorktown

Belmont

Mid level

AC

Jay county.

Muncie central.

Delta.

South Adams.

Carroll

Top end

Carroll

Mid level

Columbia city

Busco

Garrett

Dwenger

Leo

Snider

New haven

Homestead

Woodlan

Huntington north

Usual a random FW school

So it's easier for Carroll Regional Mid level teams to get through because there is only one top end team as opposed to two like at Jay County.

The last five years this is the number of placers by school in the Jay County regional

Yorktown- 22
Jay County- 5
South Adams- 5
Muncie Southside- 4
Bellmont- 3
Delta- 3
Adams Central- 2
Southern Wells- 1
Bluffton- 1
Daleville- 1

You're welcome South Adams

Expanding a little on Y2's comment of semi state placers distribution by regional, below is a quick count over the last 4 years:

Qualifiers 

Jay County-71

Goshen-64

Carroll-54

Peru-35

Champs

Jay County-26

Goshen-12

Peru-10

Carroll-8

Second

Goshen-21

Jay County-14

Carroll-14

Peru-7

Third

Carroll-20

Jay County-16

Goshen-15

Peru-5

Fourth

Goshen-16

Jay County-15

Peru-13

Carroll-12

Again, quick count, don't kill me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.