Evansville Semi-State rankings updated

Y2CJ41

I know the Avon fans on here are sensitive but wow...in the next 1-2 years they will be even better.  Lots of young talent....Do they have any studs coming up in middle school?

Avon yes, 3 next year that will make immediate impact

I know the Avon fans on here are sensitive but wow...in the next 1-2 years they will be even better.  Lots of young talent....Do they have any studs coming up in middle school?

I really think that we have 4 8th graders that will compete for middle school state titles this year.

Tyler Conley (multiple time ISWA state champ)

Jaden Reynolds (multiple time ISWA state champ)

Brady McKivitz (multiple time ISWA state champ)

Clayton Peters (man child)

I really think that we have 4 8th graders that will compete for middle school state titles this year.

Clayton Peters (man child)

What weights are these kids?

That is classified information from #TheCounty files.

Also with regards to the Clark/Bethel conversation let's just pump the brakes and wait and see. I am obviously biased as a parent but nobody gave Clark much of a chance last year and he proved his merit. He has proven he can beat highly touted kids in big matches both during and off season.

I really think that we have 4 8th graders that will compete for middle school state titles this year.

Clayton Peters (man child)

I will say this ..... Jaden was MS Super 32 All-American in October, just won Dixie Nationals.

Tyler Conley is flat out good and will fill in just nicely in our lineup .

Brady McKivitz is flat out good and will fill in just nicely in our lineup .

Clayton Peters is a Man Child and will fill in just nicely in our lineup.

3 of the 4 will be Wrestling at Avon North this month .

Is McKinley from Tecumseh out?  I saw on another thread and in the new state rankings that he's split with the new state #8 Guerrier (who's also not in the E-ville rankings).  McKinley was 46-2 last year and a ticket rounder with a regional win over E-ville #5 Mohler in addition to the Guerrier results, but no mention in any rankings.  Anyone know his situation?

He is wrestling I had him at 95, but with his matches at 82 with Guerrier I know he is at 82. Unfortunately we haven't seen many results from tecumseh

Another name I don't see and see HC forfeited the weight is Alex Bautista?

For the state rankings he to kaelin Kelly crown point at the carnahan classic. So he fell behind Kelly and Kelly isnright out side the top 16 right now

He is wrestling I had him at 95, but with his matches at 82 with Guerrier I know he is at 82. Unfortunately we haven't seen many results from tecumseh

For the state rankings he to kaelin Kelly crown point at the carnahan classic. So he fell behind Kelly and Kelly isnright out side the top 16 right now

Thanks for all you do!

I guess you saw in the Castle-Tecumseh match that Nunn upset McKinley, 3-2, and Nunn has been Castle's 182 with Mohler down at 170.  (as mentioned, Mohler is ss-ranked at his '15-16 weight of 182). Nunn went 3-1 at team state, losing only to Davison and picking up a win over Chaffee of Penn. Looks like he was 12-2 headed into Mooresville and went down to tourney placers Smith of Monrovia & Woolf of JC. Just looking through Tecumseh's 20 duals results, there doesn't seem to be anyone else in clear rankings range that McKinley could have seen. My guess is he's just got the Nunn and Guerrier losses and the Guerrier win as important results from this year, plus the 46-2 Castle regional champ, ticket-round résumé from last year.

Edited by maligned

I guess you saw in the Castle-Tecumseh match that Nunn upset McKinley, 3-2, and Nunn has been Castle's 182 with Mohler down at 170.  (as mentioned, Mohler is ss-ranked at his '15-16 weight of 182). Nunn went 3-1 at team state, losing only to Davison and picking up a win over Chaffee of Penn. Looks like he was 12-2 headed into Mooresville and went down to tourney placers Smith of Monrovia & Woolf of JC. Just looking through Tecumseh's 20 duals results, there doesn't seem to be anyone else in clear rankings range that McKinley could have seen. My guess is he's just got the Nunn and Guerrier losses and the Guerrier win as important results from this year, plus the 46-2 Castle regional champ, ticket-round résumé from last year.

At the beginning of the year the IHSAA sent out an email saying that we should put our results on the trackwrestling page they set up for each team. All of Tecumseh's individual results are there. Jeremy McKinley is wrestling 182. 

At the beginning of the year the IHSAA sent out an email saying that we should put our results on the trackwrestling page they set up for each team. All of Tecumseh's individual results are there. Jeremy McKinley is wrestling 182. 

Yes, I think what ontherise means is that rankings-interest individual results haven't been posted on this site.  Thanks for keeping up your results on Track. That's very helpful for a number of purposes for this site and for IHSWCA duals qualifying info.  

So, OntheRise and Fabio, my summary above is true for McKinley: 2 losses on the year (Dunn of Castle, 3-2, and #8 Guerrier of EC, 4-3) and one win of note (#8 Guerrier, 6-4).  Last season ticket-rounder with a record of 46-2, as mentioned.  Beat Creasey of West Vigo at semi-state before losing, 5-2, to Goforth of IC.  Beat Mohler of Castle for both the sectional and regional titles.

Edited by maligned

Yes, I think what ontherise means is that rankings-interest individual results haven't been posted on this site.  Thanks for keeping up your results on Track. That's very helpful for a number of purposes for this site and for IHSWCA duals qualifying info.  

So, OntheRise and Fabio, my summary above is true for McKinley: 2 losses on the year (Dunn of Castle, 3-2, and #8 Guerrier of EC, 4-3) and one win of note (#8 Guerrier, 6-4).  Last season ticket-rounder with a record of 46-2, as mentioned.  Beat Creasey of West Vigo at semi-state before losing, 5-2, to Goforth of IC.  Beat Mohler of Castle for both the sectional and regional titles.

Mohler of Castle won the sectional last year. McKinley won the regional.

Look less at the record and more at the quality of wins and losses. 

Look less at the record and more at the quality of wins and losses. 

Yes, for ranking purposes, he's essentially 1-2...win over guerrier and losses to guerrier and mohler Dunn.  I wasn't suggesting he should or shouldn't be ranked; there just wasn't a record of him here and I saw he had a win over Guerrier and beat current SS #5 Mohler at the end of last season...so I was curious what was up

Mohler of Castle won the sectional last year. McKinley won the regional.

Sorry. misread the M at sectional...8-7 Mohler at sectional, 3-2 McKinley at regional

Edited by maligned

Something I am throwing around in my head....would people be interested of watching a live stream of me going through the rankings. Id make a chat available and talk through my reasoning. If not I won't waste my time but could be a good view in to what we go through in this process.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.