Frosh/Soph State Championship?

SWINfan

I've never heard of this event.  Is this new?  I'm attaching a PDF of the flyer but it is listed on Track Wrestling.  North and South Qualifiers in Evansville and Ft. Wayne and State in Indy at Southport HS.  Qualifiers the day after semi-state.

http://www.trackwrestling1.com/tw/uploads/P-238368009-Indiana_Frosh_Soph_State_upload.pdf

Edited by SWINfan

4 pound weight allowance?  Seems a bit much

I'm guessing the tournament will have a good amount of kids who wrestled JV or varsity and didn't make it far in the state tournament.  A kid who got knocked out at sectionals will have been sitting for a couple weeks.  That's probably why the allowance is what it is?

Same could be said for the IHSWCA event. It also uses IHSAA results for qualifications and seeding.

I didn't mean in terms of organization, I meant in terms of falling within scheduling parameters and insurance coverage.  Team State is organized by the IHSWCA but it is still part of the IHSAA season in its use of scheduling points and its sponsorship by the IHSAA in terms of insurance.  The frosh/soph event is outside of IHSAA scheduling and will require a USA wrestling card for insurance purposes.  It is fully outside the high school season system.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.