12-26 Intermat Rankings Updated

Pretty simple delete yourself from my accounts if you don't want to like or see it . I'm pretty proud of my kids accomplishments.

Proud of your sons accomplishments, sure. Shouldn't every father be proud of their kids accomplishments? I don't see everyone's father complaining and crying about their son not being nationally ranked. Breyden Bailey wasn't nationally ranked for three years. Did he deserve to be ranked? Absolutely. Did you see his dad complaining about it on all social media facets? Hell no. Shut your mouth and let your sons wrestling speak for itself.

Not that it matters cause it's MS Joe , 2015 Tulsa Nationals 3-2 blood round . Drew was Freshman & Asa 8th grade . Win a win to me. Ohhhhh forgot to mention #prouddadhere.

While you're at make sure you include #TheCounty too since you're always including that in every one of your annoying posts as well.

Proud of your sons accomplishments, sure. Shouldn't every father be proud of their kids accomplishments? I don't see everyone's father complaining and crying about their son not being nationally ranked. Breyden Bailey wasn't nationally ranked for three years. Did he deserve to be ranked? Absolutely. Did you see his dad complaining about it on all social media facets? Hell no. Shut your mouth and let your sons wrestling speak for itself.

Where was I complaining, crying about anything ? I was giving some facts when the question was brought up about my kid. It's a fact That my kid has beaten those kids . *my opinion* I'm not a big fan of Flo/intermat rankings . I know that's running my mouth cause its my opinion. I think you got this topic way out of context. Congrats to all the INDIANA WRESTLERS Ranked . Wish there was more . Should be more cause Indiana Wrestling deserve it .

Edited by TeamGarcia

Asa young he still has 3 years to keep adding to his resume.

Nick was talking about hatch I'm sure just giving. Guys a hard time. Kasper is beast I think we all know that and I know nick is a smart enough coach to not fire guys up. But a great topic on Wednesday

Another way to evaluate how well our talent is being evaluated is to look at college rankings and performance.

If we are being evaluated to have 9 kids in the top 20 of 14 weight classes, that means we should have roughly 6 or 7 kids in the top 20 of the 10 Division I weights.  (Or, if you want to include redshirts and other college levels, that we have 6 or 7 kids among the 20 best overall in the 10 college weights.)  Micic and Griffin are the only clear guys in that category, although arguments could be made for Hughes, Red, and Lefever if we extend to 20-best overall, including redshirts and all divisions. (And there are a handful of other guys in the top 40-50)

If we further think we're being overlooked in rankings even at the college level, then look at performance alone: 2 or 3 Division I all-americans would be equivalent to 9 high school kids being ranked, percentage-wise.  Again, Micic is a clear contender this year, Griffin has an outside shot, Lefever would be a contender if he were Division I and back down at 184, and a few others are very long shots. But that's about it. The most probable scenario is that we end up with 1 from among those.

My point is this: we'll get ranked more as we win more in the spring and summer and as we perform better in college. Right now, thinking we have a bunch of overlooked guys lacks a little perspective and diminishes the work that still needs to be done to grow the sport in Indiana and to improve opportunities for our best people in the off-season and in college.

^^ I don't really know how to work this site lol but I would like to say something on this topic. Ever since I can remember my dad has been my biggest supporter and motivated me to be my best even when I was probably the worst kid out there. I contribute every bit of my success to him and for you to say he can't make post and basically be proud is a pretty shallow thing to do. If you don't like what he says or does be a man and ignore it or just delete him from your profiles. #teamgarcia

I think that everyone needs to take a step back and remove their hands from eachothers throats. All mentioned are great wrestlers, and many have reasons to not wrestle this offseason. No need to break out the pitchforks. Asa Garcia is a state champion as a freshman and is having a great season. Breydan Bailey has always been #1 until the state tourney, and has recently had great success on a national level. Those ranked all are great wrestlers and great people. Notice they aren't here arguing over it, they'll leave it all on the mat. Rankings don't matter, as it is more a pat on the back for your success (it is a great honor, but doesn't mean you will beat someone unranked or ranked lower). Be the bigger man and don't insult another man's son over the internet. Don't even do it in person. We are all here because we like wrestling, lets move past this. 

Micic and Griffin are the only clear guys in that category, although arguments could be made for Hughes, Red, and Lefever if we extend to 20-best overall, including redshirts and all divisions. (And there are a handful of other guys in the top 40-50)

Didn't Tsirtsis just place higher than Griffin in the same weight class at Midlands? I'm not a huge college wrestling follower so is there a reason he wouldn't be considered top 20?

Didn't Tsirtsis just place higher than Griffin in the same weight class at Midlands? I'm not a huge college wrestling follower so is there a reason he wouldn't be considered top 20?

Tsirtsis is wrestling un-attached this season at Arizona State. He was granted eligibility by the NCAA to compete next year. Edited by MattM

You're right, with the way I described an overall top 20 including redshirts he'd be in there. So we've got about the six I suggested is equivalent to nine being ranked in HS. Good catch

Edited by maligned

We have 10. Ben Stewart has been added. Maybe Blake Rypel will be good enough to count on the college side? :-)

It looks like Rypel would be competitive if he were the starter--maybe even an NCAA qualifier--but he's a little ways down the line for being ranked.

All you do is run your mouth on social media. It doesn't matter if it pertains to you or not. Maybe if you didn't run your mouth about your son on every possible social media site, people wouldn't call you out. Let your sons wrestling do the talking and the rankings sort themselves out. Case closed.

Team Garcia makes valid points which I was wondering why ASA wasn't ranked until Joe posted the reasoning .. I am not sure why he is being attacked , I see him posting things supporting his son's school ( which kudos to him ) on social media but not bragging ..

It's a fine line on this board , there are cowards that post garbage or lies about different topics under false names or hide behind screen names , then the people that are transparent about which program/ kid they support get harassed or get talked to like dogs to try to start problems..

valid question -good answer

I was the one that was wondering why Garcia wasn't ranked.. His dad never mentioned him until I asked about him. Their is a big difference if he responds to a post about it rather than bringing it up himself. To me he seems like a proud dad(maybe a tad bit cocky but in a respectful way lol) that never puts down other wrestlers or disrespects them. Also he gives as much credit to the whole Avon team as well as his son.

I was the one that was wondering why Garcia wasn't ranked.. His dad never mentioned him until I asked about him. Their is a big difference if he responds to a post about it rather than bringing it up himself. To me he seems like a proud dad(maybe a tad bit cocky but in a respectful way lol) that never puts down other wrestlers or disrespects them. Also he gives as much credit to the whole Avon team as well as his son.

Agreed. I read these boards a lot, and I'm not a county guy or an Avon fan so I feel like a bit of an outsider. But I've never felt unwelcome because of Mr garcia.

Confidence in my Team & Sons ability Yes, Cocky no .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.