Best wrestler in your county?

Barrq

Was my sarcasm not caught when I was talking about one of my former college coaches and one of my best friends from high school lol

I just like making fun of little midget men who think they're good wrestlers because they're in the same room as Brayton Lee sometimes.

I just like making fun of little midget men who think they're good wrestlers because they're in the same room as Brayton Lee sometimes.

You are also talking to a "little midget man" who was a state placer in high school and competed for one of the best division 2 schools at the time. No reason to attack someone on a computer.

elhampion,

Maybe you were a 4timer in high school and won the NCAA, but I doubt it. Most of those guys don't talk trash. Nick went to state 3 times in high school. Placed 4th and 3rd. Was ranked 12 in the country his senior year and a team captain his senior year on a state runner-up team. Then, he went on and started 4 years DII on a team that I believe took 3rd the country. Didn't win a D1 National Title like you must have, but a pretty good career...and he is an even better coach. Yes, he coaches Brayton Lee, but we have had some other successes with the program the last few years. Nick has been an absolutely huge part of it since day one. I'm sure we don't compare to your individual accolades or program, but we are doing the best we can with a program that was the joke of our area just a few years ago. Are you available for a clinic? Let me know your name and number so we can get you in the room. Seems like we could learn a lot from you.

Snyder

Edited by Darrick Snyder

Delaware County, take your pick: David Palmer (Muncie South/Delta) 2-1-1-1, with one loss in high school or Jeff Pease Muncie South 5 Fargo Titles! Depending on your definition of best, you decide? Sidenote; David Locke of Delta was a 1982 World Champ and Dennis Lewis of Yorktown was a 2 X State Champ and placer. Craig Campbell Delta 3-3-3-1. Bud Palmer won 2 titles for Muncie Northside. I feel if you add in Yorktown's recent success, Delaware County is rich in wrestling history.

Porter County

Portage

Leroy Vega 2x state champ 3x NCAA all-American (U of Minnesota)

Honorable mention

Chesterton

Keith Davison 2x state champ 2x NCAA all-American (U of Wisconsin)

Portage

Sean McMurray 3x state champ

Fred Joseph 2x state champ

Andrew Bradbury 1x state runner up 2x NAIA champ (Lindenwood)

Valparaiso

Eric Douglas  2x state runner-up 1x NCAA all-American (Purdue)

Jason Cook 1x state champ  2x state runner-up

Hamilton County

I only found two 2x state champs...

Mitch Sliga - Fishers (3rd/3rd/1st/1st) + 5x Fargo National Champ

and

Kurt Geib - Carmel (1970's 1st/1st)

Carmel has had several 1x state champs.  No other school in the county has had a champ.

David Palmer (Delta/Southside) 3x state champ 1x runner-up is the best ever out of Delaware. Kerkoff and Jackson were good as were Tony Abbot, Marc Forman, John Ginther, David and Craig Locke, Isiah Bradley and many others.

How about Bud Palmer - AA at Iowa 2x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.