Best wrestler in your county?

Barrq

Neal Molloy ... spell check on the last name . I do believe he was Super 32 Runner up or 3rd a few years back. Can't sell Neal short. He's had a lot of success both in State & National.

Fargo All American, 4x state qualifier with 2 Champs and a 5th.

That was going to be my guess. Always enjoyed watching him wrestle.

If we are talking collegiate accomplishments then we have to mention Snider's Tony Vaughn and Greg Wagner both Ncaa All Americans.  Oliver Richmond from now defunct Elmhurst was a 2X state champ as well as Talamentes. Honorable mention has to go to Ebert Starks from Snider as well.  He pulled the rare 4,3,2,1st...

Just glad he's not from St. Joseph County, I heard there were a few guys with more national accolades there.

Just glad he's not from St. Joseph County, I heard there were a few guys with more national accolades there.

And a Lady.   Sarah Hilderbrandt. Too many accolades for me to type not to mention 2X WCWA national champion at 123 pounds.

This one time, at a Mishawaka RTC Fabio told my teammate he could throw me for five. Fabio locked up his attempt, and tho his effort was valiant, it was to no avail. I defended it expertly. I think that puts me in the conversation as greatest of St. Joe county.

Huntington County- Kyle Jolas, There were some great wrestlers other than kyle in the previous century but id say he's the best from huntington wrestling in the past 20 years.   has moved a few beats since back in the dayyy

Grant County- Jackson Bratcher (aka the beast)

thats all i got lol

Edited by TShipleyViking

Elkhart County is a weird county...lots of one-timers from Elkhart Memorial, Concord, Jimtown, Goshen, Northwood and the former Elkhart High School and plenty of multiple-time placers, but no 2-timers or historic accolades.

I've been following this stuff closely for the last 30 seasons (I was a data dork even at age 10), and in that time period I'd have to give the nod to Nick Crume very slightly over  Nick Corpe, Chris Miller, Nate Andrews, and Shane Perkey.  Aaron Moss, Nick Iannarelli, Trevor Andrews, Gary Schmucker, and Joe Piwozskin were some other champs or near-champs that were dominant even at state except for a match or two each as seniors.

Edited by maligned

Since Prairie Heights is split between two counties I get to have fun with this.

Steuben County you have to give Angola's David Zimmer a slight advantage over the Levitz brothers John and Mike who can forget Zimmer's OT loss in the finals.

On the LaGrange county side Lakeland had a state champ in the late 60's I believe but i have to go with Aron Ramey what a great wrestler and was a prefect roll model for Travis Barroquillo who wasn't to bad either.

Whitley County where I coach would pry be Matt Koontz, that's the only champ I believe. Columbia City has a few high placers you could throw out there as well.

Wells County where I'm from would be either Ben Sprunger or Randy Pursley. Those two are real similar. Pursley went 6-3-1 and I'm pretty sure Sprubger went 2-1 his junior and senior year. Anyone know off the top of their heads what Springer did as a fresh/soph or Pursley as a Frosh?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.