Shenandoah

ENoblewrestling

They have a really good youth program with a very talented group of young wrestlers.  Black has done a great job at the high school and Jason Barbosa (former Muncie Southside wrestler and 2x placer) has done a great job at the middle school.

Curious if anyone knows the story on this team. They look to be really solid, and their rise seems to have came rather quickly. According to the results section they went from 2015 0-7 to 2016 22-4. Anyone know is it a good class, youth program, new coaching? Just curious.

I can give you some clarity brother. My name is Eric Allred and I'm the father of Silas Allred, our (Shenandoah's) state ranked 170lb freshman. I also have the privilege of being our team chaplain/life coach and take great pride in helping our young men become the best version of themselves possible on & off the mat. I moved to this community from Muncie 4yrs ago when I gained custody of my sons. At the time, Silas hadn't wrestled since winning the ISWA State Championship as a 9yr old bantam Edited by Perseverance

I believe Jordan Slivka moved from The southside of Indianapolis, where their oldest son wrestled at St. Barbara's and Roncalli to Anderson IN because of his families buisness. At the time they heard Shendandoah was the best academic school around so they sent There oldest son Johnny there. The family was also a big wrestling family (John Slivka coached at roncalli for several years) and at the time Shenandoah did not even have a wrestling club, so they sent Jordan to Yorktown wrestling club, which was an equal distance from where they lived to shendadoah. jordan wrestled with Yorktown, Coach McCormick and Coach Dulaney. After a couple years they went their separate ways. John Slivka decided to start a Elementary team for Shenandoah and he take over the head coaching job for the middle school wrestling coach. He started coaching a couple of, now sophomores as they seemed to be the most fascinated in the sport of wrestling. When John Slivka took over the middle school team 3/4 the way into the season, the now sophomore class were 5th graders, and the middle school team went 2-19, as the sophomore class were 6th graders John Slivka and Gary Black Sr. led the team, Mostly filled with 6th graders to a 19-2 Record only losing to the power house Yorktown (only winning 2 matches) and center grove the next year the team went 19-2 with the same exact schedule the next year the Raiders went 22-2 Overcoming Yorktown. As they got into their summer year of 8th grade Jordan Slivka decided to forward his education and Athletic career to Cathedral for their academic and religious purposes, and soon moved down to their house back in Greenwood. As Jordan Slivka left Shenandoah they only worked harder to get better. They overcame a lot of things including a loss in a key wrestler but they didn't let that stop them. As shendandoah had a great team in 2015-2016 they had one of their first or maybe first ever freshmen state qualifier, Hayden Lohrey 113 lbs. now this season Shenandoah has only been climbing higher to the top as they try to get their school their first ever State championship in any Men's sport up in FT. Wayne this Friday!

You Theresa's brother?  I grew up in Muncie and knew an Eric Allred....

I can give you some clarity brother. My name is Eric Allred and I'm the father of Silas Allred, our (Shenandoah's) state ranked 170lb freshman. 

Theresa's brother?  I grew up in Muncie and knew an Eric Allred....

Thanks for all the compliments, much hard work has been put into our program and boys. We have had solid wrestlers in the past but just hadn't had the numbers to compete as a team. Just a couple of years ago we only had 7-8 wrestlers but of those, 6 qualified for semi-state. Coach Slivka and myself took over the middle school program with 2 weeks left in the season when our seniors were 7th graders and along with Coach Black II put a lot of time and energy into these boys. The boys bought into our philosophy and have put countless hours into our great sport. Without the athletes buying into our philosophy and doing all the right things to get better this wouldn't be possible no matter who the coaches were or are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.